Honored Contributor

I buy too much stuff from ShopLC. It's addictive. Most of it is jewelry and I've been happy with it. Never bought any of their clothing. Bought some really nice blankets for my dog.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Puppy Lips    Remember, you get what you pay for.  I think you might be disappointed in that $10. jewelry. 

@Kachina624 Actually, quite the opposite.  I have been very pleased with what I have received so far, especially the $9.99 sterling silver drop earrings, which would easily be $40 on QVC.  I have ordered and received pendants and necklaces and rings as well and have been happy with all of it.  Now I will say that there are a lot of designs that I am not interested in, but that goes for QVC as well.  And while the motto, "you get what you pay for," is generally true in some instances, I think jewelry might be another story.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I do! I like Shop LC a lot. It's my guilty secret. I put that on when I can't sleep. I just switch to their live youtube feed on my Roku and leave it going.

Completely old school. Bare bones. It's like 1990s home shopping. They sit at desks in front of LED tvs. Hardly any sets to speak of. They work in pairs, with one person modeling (and selling too) and the other person lowering the price.

Prices start ridiculously high and then drop repeatedly until they get into a fairly reasonable range. Even if you buy the item at the early higher price, your card is charged the lowest price. And they have budget pays.

It's headquartered in India and they make almost all of their own jewelry, from high end platinum to ultra cheap. You can get some good deals on jewelry that a place like QVC would have had manufactured in India anyway, but without QVC's mark up. Because they are the manufacturer, and handmade labor in India is so cheap, they can charge less.

They transfer all the jewelry they sell here in the US to their Austin TX warehouse and store and ship it from there. So you don't have to wait to receive your stuff from overseas. Austin is also where the tv channel is broadcast from.

I've bought earrings and two rings from Shop LC and they are very high quality and very nice. I'll probably do it again too since I have them on at night so often.

@Porcelain Thank you for all the info.  I am getting the hang of it now and have ordered more.  Things I bought just yesterday have already shipped, which I think is fantastic.  I don't know any of the hosts' names.  But one side perk is the guy with brown hair and a beard.  What a cutie he is, LOL!  I will likely just stick to jewelry, and the lower priced stuff at that.  But it is fun to watch and to get pretty things at really low prices.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I buy too much stuff from ShopLC. It's addictive. Most of it is jewelry and I've been happy with it. Never bought any of their clothing. Bought some really nice blankets for my dog.

@SilleeMee I see that on Tuesdays and Fridays, everything is under $10, or the budget pay is under $10.  Has it always been that way?  Those are the days I am more likely to watch.  And you are right, it is addictive.  The hosts get so excited about every item.  I thought I already had a lot of jewelry.  Then my Mom passed and I kept a lot of hers, so my collection doubled.  And I am still buying more.  I guess I am my Mother's daughter, for sure.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee I see that on Tuesdays and Fridays, everything is under $10, or the budget pay is under $10.  Has it always been that way?  Those are the days I am more likely to watch.  And you are right, it is addictive.  The hosts get so excited about every item.  I thought I already had a lot of jewelry.  Then my Mom passed and I kept a lot of hers, so my collection doubled.  And I am still buying more.  I guess I am my Mother's daughter, for sure.

@Puppy Lips 

Yes, Tue and Fri are $10 days...nothing sold on air costs more than $10 total. Where they get you is the shipping but sometimes that's free only occasionally. If you buy online shipping is $2.99 per item but if you order from live TV then it can be at least $3.99 or more depending on what it is.

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips  I wasn't impressed on my first look.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

my .02.   ordered a couple rings over maybe 3 years, but no longer do business with them for several reasons, stated sizes off, returns and shorted on refunds, being unable to remove my CC detail from my online account. CS unresponsive, had to email with cc: their principles in Jaipur.  that hit a nerve, finally got that resolved. there are communuty boards. take a look at them.

Esteemed Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

my .02.   ordered a couple rings over maybe 3 years, but no longer do business with them for several reasons, stated sizes off, returns and shorted on refunds, being unable to remove my CC detail from my online account. CS unresponsive, had to email with cc: their principles in Jaipur.  that hit a nerve, finally got that resolved. there are communuty boards. take a look at them.

@CatsyCline I did just look at their coommunity board.  This may be a short obession of mine, shopping with them.  I have no plans to buy anything more than say, $14.99, so I won't be out much if there is an issue.  Thanks for your imput.

Respected Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

I have found their customer service to be outstanding,

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

I only buy on auction.  I have been doing it for the past four years.  I give a lot of it away to charity.  The big thing with me is for every purchase they give 1.00 to feeding children in India and/or the US so you are giving to a charity when you buy from them.

You can start in auction with a 1.00 bid and leave it at that.  I have won things for a dollar but not too many times.  If you fill in a maximum bid the computer will automatically bid for you until it reaches your maximum.  

I have a few misgivings with auction.  Sometimes I think you are bidding against the house and they use your maximum to get the most out of your bid or the other people bidding drive up your bid to your maximum quickly and they bid 1.00 over and get the item.  They wait until the very last seconds on the clock to bid 1.00 more and get the item.  I have since only bid 1.00 with a maximum bid of 3.00 just to stay in the game but there are bidders who really jack up the price unnecessarily.

The other thing is you can leave your won item in your account and if you don't purchase it it times out so you have a little leeway in deciding whether you really want to purchase that item.