Honored Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I have purchased king crab, and salmon from Alaska.

Worth every single penny that I spent.

Shoekitty said

me too!!    I just purchased some salmon from alaska online.  It is worth the money.  I cannot find anyhing but farmed salmon the last 11 months or so.  What happened.  Whole foods has some for the first time in a while, it was 39.@ lb.  it didnt not even look very fresh for that money.  So i would rather get flash frozen on the boat from alaska. Even if it is expensive.  We cant eat it that often, but when we do it is such a succulent treat. Butter from the ocean!  Lol

@shoekitty  Will you please refer me to the Alaskan company where you buy your salmon and which salmon you specifically buy.  I looked online and there are many companies to choose from.  Thank you.

Shoekitty said

I order from great alaska seafood company.  They are very good with communication, their product is great.  I am receiving an order Tuesday of copper river salmon, i got one pound, then I got white salmon and a "block " of sushi grade tuna.  I think I will make Poke with the tuna!!

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

Pants

how do you cook scallops?  Just saute in pan?  How long you you cook.?  I like my seafood just brought to cook stage, I do not care for fully cooked, or well- done.

Honored Contributor

I often buy 4 skewers of bacon wrapped scallops...4 per skewer at our local grocery store. The price is 4 skewers for 12-14 dollars. Delish cooked with sea salt, garlic salt and pepper in olive oil.Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Re: SEA SCALLOPS....

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty wrote:

@Plaid Pants2

Pants

how do you cook scallops?  Just saute in pan?  How long you you cook.?  I like my seafood just brought to cook stage, I do not care for fully cooked, or well- done.

I saute mine in olive oil with sea salt, garlic and pepper in a skillet...they are heaven. Takes about 8 minutes.

Image result for pictures of bacon wrapped scallops

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**