Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 After my mom died a neighbor asked me if she left me a lot of money. I gave her the death glare and said "It's none of your business." She never spolke to me again which was a good thing!

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot Reread my response about it not being a criticism.  The fact that you continue to take it that way is all about you not me.  I truly hope you have a better night and my effort towards that is I will not engage with you again.  

@Anonymous032819 My apologies for disrupting your fun thread.  People really can be something at times.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

You know I talk to strangers all of the time.

I don't think I've had anyone ask me a rude question.

Most of the time people tell me things I would think would be personal...but who knows.

Maybe because they know I probably won't ever see them again.

I meet some interesting people.

Should someone ask me a question I don't want to answer.  I'd change the subject and move on.

But it's different when you work with someone.

Just say it's no one's business.  Or you could say "Talking about money other than with a partner is rude".

Honored Contributor

I did just think of something.  Why did this even come up anyway?

Were you previously talking about death/insurance/whatever?

What was the conversation about previously?

Esteemed Contributor

Dear God yes. A woman my husband went to school with years ago asked me if we were still married.....I thought it was rude and quite frankly, I always knew she had the hots for him.

Respected Contributor

When asked a rude question I usually reply "Why do you ask?" Works great.

Honored Contributor

The less we tell about ourselves; the fewer questions asked.  

Esteemed Contributor
Any rude or prying question to me is usually answered with an icy stare and the comment of "why do you think that is any of your business?"
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Thinking about this, I prefer not answering a rude question with a question. I don't want someone to tell me why they asked or anything else regarding their inappropriate question. I'd rather make it clear that that potential conversation has ended. Period.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I tried saying "why do you ask?" They usually say "I was just curious". Now I just flat out say, It's none of your business or Sorry, that's too personal.