Super Contributor

Re: Robot vacuums... any thought?

bought the Shark when it was on easy and free s/h. a week later, the IRobot was the TSV. 

LOVE the Shark: does a fabulous job. returned the IR: too heavy (for moving room to room); didn't respect the boundary towers, didn't pick up anywhere near as well as Shark on non-carpeted areas. 

The Shark shows level of charge; lasts a tad over an hour on each charge. If I hadn't just bought it about 5 weeks ago, would definitely go for the newest version. 

its easy to put things in the path to keep the robot from getting 'stuck'. watched it work the first few times to determine problem areas and now simply block those off. 

oh, and easy empty, nicer than IR. 

Respected Contributor

I just got my Shark robot and it only took three days to get.  Wow I love it.  Everyone has a cleaning project they hate and vacumming is mine.   I got up yesterday and turned it on in my bedroom.  I had just vacuumed two days ago and was shocked at what it picked up.  This morning while drinking my coffee I put it out on my sun porch.  Again shocked at what it picks up  I expect the dog hair but shocked at the dirt.  You cannot get into my house without hitting concrete and mats but yet dirt gets in probably on dog feet.   Most things are a dissappointment to me but this is so good. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't own one, or anyone else I know. I would rather do it the old fashioned way

. I would try it out if someone gave me one.

Esteemed Contributor

Afraid to try.  Too many levels with only one step to reach the next level.  

Honored Contributor

Hi had one and returned it. I think it may work best if you in here are a very eye open floor plan. My home is older and has many separate rooms, and it would not go very far in one direction without having to back up and turn around....just didn't do it for me.