Trusted Contributor

still here.  my neighbors that were supoosed to be gone on oct 1 are still in the house.  the one woman had a runin with my other neighbor.  she kept parking here car in front of his mailbox  and when the mailman wouwld not deliver the mail because if it, he told her to move her car.  she got huffy with him.  then he told her if she parked there again, he would flatten her tires and have the car towed. 

the police have been there several times but for a different reason.

these people are hiding out.  they won't use the front of the house.  th3ey hang out in the backrooms so no one can see the lights

Honored Contributor

Situations like that sometimes take a while to get the people out.

A guy my DH works with had a renter in his moms house. When she passed away he said he was not moving because his mom told him he could stay there. The house went to the son when she passed so he had to have him evicted. It took quite a while.

Trusted Contributor

i am sure this will happen here too.  these people have been living in that house while te owner wqws alive rent free since the guy was 3 and he is now 29.

Valued Contributor

If someone is blocking your mailbox or driveway, you can and should have them towed. It's expensive and stressful, and they actually deserve it.

Trusted Contributor

it just tells yu what kind of people they are.  i wish they were gone yesterday

Esteemed Contributor

It's a frustrating situation that some of us have experienced. If they are renters, the only person who can get rid of them is the owner, or if you're in an HOA then that group can pursue it. We had a horrible renter in the town home next to us (against our regulations), and it took almost 6 or 7 months to get them out. They had dilapited old trucks parked in our common driveway, used appliances thrown on their patio, threats to neighbors, etc. It was horrible, but several of us got through to the HOA and management company and they finally were forced to move. It took time, but we didn't give up. I did a happy dance when a tow truck finally arrived to tow those blasted trucks away!

Trusted Contributor

i bet you were.  i will do a happy dance wen they are gone

Honored Contributor

They don't have to leave unless a eviction papers are served. That can take 30 days. (or more) Then they have wrecked the place.

Your other neighbor should not have said he will flatten her tires. Get her towed the legal way.

Honored Contributor

Is it illegal to park in front of a mailbox?  I don't believe I've ever seen such a regulation.  You'd be on a slippery slope having a car towed if it's not.  Mailman should get off his duff and walk 6 feet to the mailbox.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Is it illegal to park in front of a mailbox?  I don't believe I've ever seen such a regulation.  You'd be on a slippery slope having a car towed if it's not.  Mailman should get off his duff and walk 6 feet to the mailbox.

@Kachina624.  It is in my area. The mailman has a certain amount of time to deliver that's why he is in a truck(more rural area) as opposed to walking.

Everyone in this area knows if mailbox is blocked, no mail.