Esteemed Contributor

I've been buying my Ritz from amazonsmile prime pantry and they've been delicious.  Last week a friend stopped in, unexpectedly so we snacked on Ritz and saltines with cheese.

I told her Eddy, my furbaby, loves plain Ritz and saltines with a tiny coating of butter.  She noted the Ritz were quite tasty and buttery plain.

I have switched saltine brands months ago due to taste and crumbling.  I now buy Zesta which are made by Keebler and cheaper.  Perhaps, buying online their selling older stock, but the expiration date is fine.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetghwrote:

@ID2wrote:

@RedTopwrote:

I agree they are different.  I stopped buying Ritz as well as boxes of saltine crackers, because they just don’t have a good taste.   Oyster crackers and Town House still taste okay.

Try the mini saltines, they make up for the loss of taste in the large ones. The mini's I could sit and eat and eat. Delicious!

@ID2- a couple of months ago, we needed some Saltines and our store only had the minis the day I was there.  I reluctantly bought them.

Boy, do I agree with you.  They're delicious!!!  I use them in squash casserole, but I ate some just on their own also.  They're reallly good.

becca lou wrote: I also found that store brands are really good sometimes. I buy alot of store brand and save quite a bit of money.

Honored Contributor

Always a favorite to take to a party for an appetizer - ritz cracker, small slice of steak, small slice of cheddar cheese, top with olive or cherry tomato or parsley or basil or my DH's favorite - little bit of horseradish sauce.

Esteemed Contributor

The biggest  problem with crumbly is that I had purchased them to serve with spreadable cheese and the cracker would break in hand while spreading.  Crumbs were just everywhere.

Honored Contributor

@hopiwrote:

The biggest  problem with crumbly is that I had purchased them to serve with spreadable cheese and the cracker would break in hand while spreading.  Crumbs were just everywhere.

It is a runny joke with my husband and I, about crumkly crackers. At Sam's Club, there is a kiosk that dispenses free samples. And Keebler Club Crackers are frequently the free sample.  But rarely do we get a sample that isn't cracked. Last time we went, I got a pristine sample. I was amazed. I put the free sample in my pocket and by the time I got home it was a mass of crumbs. 

Respected Contributor

OK you all just forced me to go eat a couple Ritz.  I hadn't really noticed it, but I guess they are pretty crumbly.  

If you want to get rid of some, I saw a recipe to crumble them up in meatloaf.  But I guess if you think they taste lousy, you wouldn't want them in there!

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafterwrote:

@Diva on The Q Chips Ahoy are too hard and crunchy.  We have started buying Aldi's brand and prefer them over any other brand and they are way less expensive.

I LOVE hard and crunchy cookies!  It is so hard to find them now.  Most cookies are just doughballs! 

Esteemed Contributor

I buy Keebler crackers. They are still my #1. I agree with the others about the Ritz. I use to purchase the mini's filled with cheese or peanut butter but this last time was it for me. Half of them are crumbled in the box and the taste is flat. I'm sticking to Lance, Keeble and Triscuits. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hopiwrote:

.......and very crumbly.  Called the number on the box to tell them something was wrong with my purchase and they said they changed the recipe.  They sent me coupons for anything from Nabisco and got Belvita bars instead.

@hopi- you are so right about their texture. I've always used Saltines to make my "Chocolate Crack" buttercrunch candy. I've always used one sleeve of crackers per batch, but the last time I attempted to make them, I noticed that there was way too much room left over on the cookie sheet, meaning that the crackers are smaller than they were, or they just put in less crackers per sleeve. Plus, I used to be able to break the crackers in half to fill in the empty spaces on the cookie sheet, but when I tried with this batch, they just crumbled. I decided I didn't want to waste all my wonderful ingredients with these new crackers, so I threw them out. I should have called Nabisco but forgot. I was going to try Krispy crackers but haven't had the need for them. Maybe next holiday season.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Okay, I'll be the first one to say it.

Ritz crackers have always been gross.

I'd rather eat stuff out of the garbage than eat a Ritz cracker.

Image result for squirrel eating garbage

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org