Honored Contributor

I got a message 'from my Insurance Agent' wanting to know why I haven't opened  up the PDF file they sent me regarding they were auditing the files they have of their clients.

I go MMMMMMMMMM, so, I called my agent she said "why no I haven't sent you a file and I would call first to let you know if I did".

So, she told me I did the right thing by not opening it and she had been getting other calls too.   I went right to the email and reported it as spam

Anyway, if it looks suspicious, call and confirm or just delete it

Honored Contributor

Re: Heads up for virus email

I get emails from my agent but they always use their logo and letterhead. Thanks for the heads up.

Honored Contributor

I tell you, folks, getting weird out there 24/7.

You don't know what is real any more. Scary.

Honored Contributor

@SharkEwrote:

I tell you, folks, getting weird out there 24/7.

You don't know what is real any more. Scary.

@SharkE

Ain't that the truth! And they can make them look so legitimate!

Thanks for the heads up on yet another one!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

If in doubt, throw it out. Great saying

Honored Contributor

My Insurance Company does not send out that type of email.

The only emails I receive from them are a monthly newsletter plus my monthly billing statement notification. 

I don't click on billing statement notifications either. I just go direct to their site each month to view my statement.

Honored Contributor

We got an e-mail yesterday from our CPA asking that I send something to him as an attachment. 

Before I sent it, I called the office to make sure it was them that really did ask for it.

Honored Contributor

The only email I receive now are notifications about online shopping-item shipped or was received as a return, e.g.

Nobody in my family uses email anymore; just texting.

You really have to be careful today.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I got a sister dumber then a box of rocks. She told me to quit sending her

123Greetings because she gets spam from them. I said "don't you have 

Ccleaner installed".   Nope, of course not.   She still won't learn how to copy and paste !   Whenever , she wants me to read something online she'll say

"type in such and such, go down page one, paragraph 4, and click on that link to view what I want U to see".   Huh ?   Who does that?

I'm not Bill Gates, but, I can do the basics. Woman is scared she'll do something to pc and will have to take it to tech and pay for it and by the way she is tighter then a tick on a dog's rear.  If she wasn't blood kin I'd drop kicked her rear long time ago. Gees, why me Lord.

Honored Contributor

@SharkEwrote:

I got a sister dumber then a box of rocks. She told me to quit sending her

123Greetings because she gets spam from them. I said "don't you have 

Ccleaner installed".   Nope, of course not.   She still won't learn how to copy and paste !   Whenever , she wants me to read something online she'll say

"type in such and such, go down page one, paragraph 4, and click on that link to view what I want U to see".   Huh ?   Who does that?

I'm not Bill Gates, but, I can do the basics. Woman is scared she'll do something to pc and will have to take it to tech and pay for it and by the way she is tighter then a tick on a dog's rear.  If she wasn't blood kin I'd drop kicked her rear long time ago. Gees, why me Lord.

@SharkE

LOL at your sister!!! Woman LOL

My sis is very tech savvy when it comes to her phone....which makes me even more aggravated when she asks me questions all the time about many topics and I tell her ....did you look it up with Google Assistant or you can google it yourself...I told her to USE YOUR PHONE to check it out I'm not your Google Assistant!!!...Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”