Respected Contributor

I agree !!  Very crumbly now !  My husband likes me to pack a lunch for him with peanut butter and Ritz crackers in it .  I have a very hard time trying to find any Ritz crackers that are not broken.  Bad move Ritz !  Very bad move on your part.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebearwrote:

Girl Scout cookies

the Thin Mints changed,  I think some kind of vegan thing (which is fine) but not everyone wants a vegan cookie.  

taste like ******

guess it's a good thing I won't eat a whole box now

I have not had any beef etc in years but cookies are cookies 

@jackthebear

Best Thin Mints duplicate is called Grasshoppers ... yellow package .... I think they're Keebler, but not sure.  Look for yellow wrapper.

Honored Contributor

@ID2wrote:

@RedTopwrote:

I agree they are different.  I stopped buying Ritz as well as boxes of saltine crackers, because they just don’t have a good taste.   Oyster crackers and Town House still taste okay.

Try the mini saltines, they make up for the loss of taste in the large ones. The mini's I could sit and eat and eat. Delicious!

@ID2

Not clear .... are the mini saltines made by Ritz or Town House?  TIA 

Respected Contributor

They probably got rid of the trans fat. Most people (particularly parents) these days won't buy things with trans fat. They are responding to market demand. Not everything is a huge government conspiracy.

I rarely eat Ritz, but the few I've had recently tasted fine. Chips Ahoy and most other packaged cookies are just gross. I can tolerate Oreos, but that's about it.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor
I used to but the reduced fat Ritz and they’d crumble apart. I thought it was due to the lack of fat but after reading these posts, I see that they crumble anyway.
Now I buy Keebler Townhouse RF or Keebler Club RF. Sometimes these crumble too but not nearly as much as Ritz.

I agree with those who like crunchy cookies rather than chewy. 🍪🍪🍪👍
Esteemed Contributor

We noticed it a couple of months ago. They are very crumbly.

Respected Contributor

I haven't eaten any Ritz lately. I have noticed that when many products go gluten free the taste or texture changes and not in a good way. I am not suggesting that gluten free products not be made available only that the original product be maintained for those who are not gluten intolerant.

Regular Contributor

A ruling by the FDA made it necessary to remove trans fats from certain foods by 2018.  Some of these products are Ritz Crackers, Girl Scouts Thin Mints. Chips Ahoy, and Premium Saltine Crackers among others.

I recall when trans fats were removed from McDonalds and Burger King french fries.  They have never been the same since, as the above snack foods are now forever changed.

Honored Contributor
Trans fats are one of the most evil things ever invented. I agree that whatever changes you’re seeing in cookies and crackers are probably due to removal of trans fat from the recipes.