Honored Contributor

I think they did, last box I had didn't taste the same.  I thought it was me.

Honored Contributor

@saltysails, and everyone,

I am so glad you posted this! I thought it was just me not liking the taste of them anymore. Also crumbly! I tried twice and threw both boxes out! I now rely on my oysters!

https://dreamshadow59.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/have-a-nice-day.jpg

Super Contributor

You are right, they do taste different. I was wondering why an open box of Ritz sits undisturbed here. DH isn't going back for seconds. I will toss them out today. 

Honored Contributor

Can't even open a pack without them crumbling.

Respected Contributor

Ritz Crackers, Premium Saltines and Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies have all changed and not for the better. I stopped buying these items long ago. Town House Crackers, on the other hand, are still rich and buttery. Hope they never change.

Honored Contributor

@RedTopwrote:

I agree they are different.  I stopped buying Ritz as well as boxes of saltine crackers, because they just don’t have a good taste.   Oyster crackers and Town House still taste okay.

Try the mini saltines, they make up for the loss of taste in the large ones. The mini's I could sit and eat and eat. Delicious!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q Chips Ahoy are too hard and crunchy.  We have started buying Aldi's brand and prefer them over any other brand and they are way less expensive.

Regular Contributor

I noticed that Ritz tasted different and  also fell apart.  Noticed that they are being produced in Mexico .   Buying Town House now.

Honored Contributor

@ID2wrote:

@RedTopwrote:

I agree they are different.  I stopped buying Ritz as well as boxes of saltine crackers, because they just don’t have a good taste.   Oyster crackers and Town House still taste okay.

Try the mini saltines, they make up for the loss of taste in the large ones. The mini's I could sit and eat and eat. Delicious!

@ID2- a couple of months ago, we needed some Saltines and our store only had the minis the day I was there.  I reluctantly bought them.

Boy, do I agree with you.  They're delicious!!!  I use them in squash casserole, but I ate some just on their own also.  They're reallly good.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

Yep, funny you should say because I thought the same recently. Much more crumbly, don't seem the same.