Honored Contributor

Well, I guess if you like to crumble your Ritz crackers on top of hot soup, this is an improvement for you .... Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: Ritz Crackers..

[ Edited ]

@Mominohiowrote:

I hadn't noticed a change, but we usually buy the 

'flavored' ones. It wouldn't surprise me though as the premium of all graham crackers, Nabisco Honey Maid now taste like gasoline or something. 

A brand new fresh box can be ok but if they are in the cabinet even a few weeks unopened, there is something almost rancid about them. I thought it was me, but I had others mention it, unsolicited by me.

With all the big brother demands on what can and can't be in the foods (what kinds of fats etc can be used), and companies trying to comply or beat deadlines, many of our favorite old products don't taste the same as they are forced to make changes. 

We had a local potato chip company that had to change fats/oils and now a company that has been in business since WW II is making a product than no one cares to buy, as they taste greasy and just like any other brand. 

I thought it was just me. I bought a box of graham crackers and they were awful. Not like I remembered at all.

Honored Contributor

I wondered why they tasted different and see that they are now manufactured in Mexico instead of the United States. At least that's what the last box I purchased said. That may be why there is a difference, ingredients changed, cheaper etc.?

Contributor

something happened! they are awful and very crumbly that's what I eat in the afternoon for my snack with peanut butter!    It's a shame that they have done this I'm searching for another to replace them  some lady in the store said Vanilla wafers sounds good 

Respected Contributor

I'm glad I'm not alone with the disappointment of Ritz crackers! I noticed they were crumbly about 1.5 years ago and contacted Ritz. They sent me a couple coupons for contacting them. At that time, it seemed like the boxes were hit or miss, some were okay and some very crumbly. Now it seems like every box is crumbly.

We also like to eat them with peanut butter and it's hard to put it on without the cracker falling apart! Too bad. We like the wheat Ritz the best. I did buy the Ritz Roasted Vegetable and they were not crumbly at all. And I was able to put peanut butter on them with no problem.

I recently bought a box of Townhouse crackers and they're better. They have double the fat as the Ritz so maybe that's why they're a bit sturdier. Townhouse also has wheat crackers, I just have to find them in a local store (the one I was at did not have them).

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum