Honored Contributor

Re: Reverse of being a Snow Bird

My kids inlaws live in Vegas, they go to the Oregon Coast in the summers. 

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

I'm less and less a winter fan. In central midwest, January is do-able. February is the worst weather month IMO. March sees spring on the horizon. We spend each February in 30A FL panhandle. My friend moved to Dallas and they survive with a backyard pool. My brother swore by 12 months of good weather in his adopted hometown - San Diego. What IS the best year-round town?   

@jeanlake    Isn't San Diego known for having perfect weather? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@granddi :  I live in a resort community in N.E. Arizona ( we are routinely 22 degrees less than Phoenix).  As of Memorial Day our population triples; so yes there are many Phoenicians that routinely escape their high Summer temps.

Honored Contributor

@On It    Did you read my post #14 above? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@deeva :  I live in Show Low fulltime; our population triples from May through September.

Honored Contributor

I hate hot and humid weather and the bugs that seem to go with it.  I don't even want to vacation in areas like that.  I live in Western Washington where summer is usually comfortable - that is even worth putting up with the rain for!

Respected Contributor

@granddi  Would love to be able to spend a few months in a cooler climate to beat the heat, but unfortunately a full.time job prevents me from doing that.  Maybe when I retire, but then I would probably have to have a winter home somewhere.  Don't know if I will have the budget for that.

Meanwhile, I will stay here and live with the sweltering heat and humidity in South Florida.  Thank goodness for A/C and a pool.  😵🏊

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I hate hot and humid weather and the bugs that seem to go with it.  I don't even want to vacation in areas like that.  I live in Western Washington where summer is usually comfortable - that is even worth putting up with the rain for!

What is winter like there? Asking for a friend. LOL

Super Contributor

Not a fan of the heat or humidity. Prefer the fall and winter here in Ma.  Give me snow and ice any day .  

Esteemed Contributor

There are retired folks who stay where they are either because of economics or health reasons. I'm in the lower Midwest (Missouri) and can put up with a month or two of winter weather, and likewise a few months of hot and humid summer weather. My cool summer escape would be a week or two in northern Michigan or Minnesota - or my own AC home! I can put up with the few snow storms that we have here in the winter! In answer to your question - I don't have an escape - I like where I live.