Respected Contributor

Does anyone else find some tv programs incredibly dark?

Literally, dark offices, dark rooms, even outside in the middle of the day - it is DARK.  Watching Blue Bloods right now and can hardly make out the characters.  It is not our tv as it is the same on other sets in other rooms, the commercials are fine are the other programs (for the most part).

Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone else find some tv programs incredibly dark?

Yes! I have found the same with many tv shows.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

DH just said the very same thing when we were watching Blue Bloods last week, and again tonight.
Honored Contributor

They conduct searches in the dark!  How stupid!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner    I've often noticed how cops will go into a building to search for someone always using flashlights.  I've wondered why they don't just flip a light switch? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner    I've often noticed how cops will go into a building to search for someone always using flashlights.  I've wondered why they don't just flip a light switch? 

@Kachina624  I don't know if this is really the reason, but I heard that they don't want to make themselves more of a target than they already are if there are bad guys with guns in the building.

Honored Contributor

They don’t want to be seen as they search.
Honored Contributor

Sometimes it's the show that's dark, sometimes the TV, and for me and my contemporaries, sometimes it's cataracts!  😄👓

Honored Contributor

I remember when the show "Grimm" was on, which I loved, it was very dark a lot of the times.  And it was filmed this way to make the show seem even more scary, and dark and mysterious.  I agree though that some shows seem needlessly dark and it's often hard to really see some of the details which would be helpful in knowing what is going on!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  That, to me, would make more sense, Illuminating the whole darned area rather than standing in the dark with a Spotlight attatched to my arm.  Find me if you can evildoers!