Honored Contributor

Re: Relationships And Compromising

GMA just did a story that Meghan was in the running to be a Bond girl. Once the news broke of the engagement all bets were off, she was deemed unattainable. If she had gotten it she probably would have turned it down as she got a better gig. 

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Animals, both dogs and cats, have health and emotional issues as they age, just as people do. They are quicker to organ failure.

From the Daily Mail:

“Unfortunately, she had to decide to leave Bogart behind in North America because he was thought to be too old to make the plane trip across the Atlantic.

“For some dogs, the plane trip and lengthy approval process to enter the United Kingdom can be pretty arduous. To secure permission to live in the U.K., a foreign dog must be microchipped and travel in an airplane’s cargo section, which can be dangerous for some pets, according to Dogfriendly.com.

“The owner also must bring documents showing that the animal has received vaccinations and been tested and treated for various infectious diseases, including rabies and tapeworm. Dogs that don’t meet these requirements are subject to a quarantine of up to six months.

“In an interview earlier this month, Markle revealed that one of her dogs — presumably Bogart — found a home with very close friends of hers, while Guy had been in the U.K. for a while.”

If the dog (or cat) is elderly they will often have kidney failure. They can’t regulate their body temperature - that’s why so many pets die in cargo holds.  There are several reasons to do with the animal’s age and general health, neither of which anyone here knows personally, that would give reason to believe that an elderly dog, no longer in great health, could die during a flight or their organs shut down out of pure stress, medication or no medication.

PSA over - you can go back to insinuating now.

I didn't see insinuation, what I saw was concern being expressed for an elderly companion animal that was no longer part of the larger plan, and you can take that any way you like...

So...if an elderly dog in not the best of health was put into the cargo hold of an airplane and was DOA or in extremis upon deplaning, that would be “Well, at least the dog died knowing it was loved?” So that’s kinder? Taking better care of the dog?

People who are strangers to us do not owe us explanations for their decisions - period.

It's probably advisable not to put words into other people's mouths simply to try to support your own point of view... I never indicated the elderly dog should be put in a cargo hold nor did I indicate Markle owes anyone an explanation...

I've known lots of people who deep-six animals for a variety of reasons: they want to have a baby, they're moving, their SO doesn't like the animal... whatever. My reaction is the same regardless of who's making the choice to let the animal go in favor of what they view as a higher priority. For me, when you get an animal, you are making a commitment, whoever you are and whatever your supposed reasons... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I think this marriage will not last and she will end up miserable.  I think that a feminist could never accept a playboy like Harry or the customs of an archaic monarchy that thinks it is being modern by acceptance of a biracial woman into their family.  How terribly pathetic. When she sees the light she will run.   

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Animals, both dogs and cats, have health and emotional issues as they age, just as people do. They are quicker to organ failure.

From the Daily Mail:

“Unfortunately, she had to decide to leave Bogart behind in North America because he was thought to be too old to make the plane trip across the Atlantic.

“For some dogs, the plane trip and lengthy approval process to enter the United Kingdom can be pretty arduous. To secure permission to live in the U.K., a foreign dog must be microchipped and travel in an airplane’s cargo section, which can be dangerous for some pets, according to Dogfriendly.com.

“The owner also must bring documents showing that the animal has received vaccinations and been tested and treated for various infectious diseases, including rabies and tapeworm. Dogs that don’t meet these requirements are subject to a quarantine of up to six months.

“In an interview earlier this month, Markle revealed that one of her dogs — presumably Bogart — found a home with very close friends of hers, while Guy had been in the U.K. for a while.”

If the dog (or cat) is elderly they will often have kidney failure. They can’t regulate their body temperature - that’s why so many pets die in cargo holds.  There are several reasons to do with the animal’s age and general health, neither of which anyone here knows personally, that would give reason to believe that an elderly dog, no longer in great health, could die during a flight or their organs shut down out of pure stress, medication or no medication.

I didn't see insinuation, what I saw was concern being expressed for an elderly companion animal that was no longer part of the larger plan, and you can take that any way you like...

So...if an elderly dog in not the best of health was put into the cargo hold of an airplane and was DOA or in extremis upon deplaning, that would be “Well, at least the dog died knowing it was loved?” So that’s kinder? Taking better care of the dog?

People who are strangers to us do not owe us explanations for their decisions - period.

It's probably advisable not to put words into other people's mouths simply to try to support your own point of view... I never indicated the elderly dog should be put in a cargo hold nor did I indicate Markle owes anyone an explanation...

I've known lots of people who deep-six animals for a variety of reasons: they want to have a baby, they're moving, their SO doesn't like the animal... whatever. My reaction is the same regardless of who's making the choice to let the animal go in favor of what they view as a higher priority. For me, when you get an animal, you are making a commitment, whoever you are and whatever your supposed reasons... 

LOL.  So, really, you only commented originally because you wanted to take a thwap at me - which incidentally I was well aware of. 

You don’t actually disagree with me as far as the animal situation, you chose to pick up up on the word ‘insinuate.’

Yes, people have been insinuating throughout this thread - and not simply about the dog.  It’s a given that in any thread started about anything to do with the Royal Family, a handful of posters will drop by to toss poo into the room, some thinking they’re subtle, some ubapologetically blunt. Those who try to be “clever” about it never actually are, of course. The insinuation is badly done, obvious and fooling no one.

Those who claim to see none fool no one either.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

From the Daily Mail:

LOL.  So, really, you only commented originally because you wanted to take a thwap at me - which incidentally I was well aware of. 

You don’t actually disagree with me as far as the animal situation, you chose to pick up up on the word ‘insinuate.’

Yes, people have been insinuating throughout this thread - and not simply about the dog.  It’s a given that in any thread started about anything to do with the Royal Family, a handful of posters will drop by to toss poo into the room, some thinking they’re subtle, some ubapologetically blunt. Those who try to be “clever” about it never actually are, of course. The insinuation is badly done, obvious and fooling no one.

Those who claim to see none fool no one either.

No, actually, none of the comments I chose to make were made in order to take a 'thwap' at you. I have strong feelings about animals and don't respect the choice Markle made. I am neither a royal watcher nor a Markle groupie and my initial response to this thread had as its focus my thinking on compromise in relationships. Any mention I made related to her animals came after. As for the remainder of your take, above, I have no idea whether your comments are aimed at me or at a larger group, but I can live with it either way... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

She is marrying a Royal. Do you expect him to move here?  

Respected Contributor

There is always compromise in any relationship, whether it's a marriage or a friendship.  Each of us decides how much compromising we willing to do in the relationship.   MM is  a 36 year old grown woman and I'm sure understands the changes that are about to take place in her life.  She's in love with someone who loves her, and that is very special.  I wish them the best!

Respected Contributor

@fordtruck wrote:

I think this marriage will not last and she will end up miserable.  I think that a feminist could never accept a playboy like Harry or the customs of an archaic monarchy that thinks it is being modern by acceptance of a biracial woman into their family.  How terribly pathetic. When she sees the light she will run.   

That's all pretty far-fetched  

LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri36 wrote:

@fordtruck wrote:

That's all pretty far-fetched  

LOL

@Bri36   Did you know that Harry and meghan are  distant cousins on her Father's side?  They actually are of the same blood line.... coming from the same lineage way back on the royal side!

Trusted Contributor

I don't think it's far fetched at all and when MM's half sister said that Meghan always wanted to be a princess, yes, that made sense why she's marrying Harry. Initially, I thought it was great but really, what self respecting American woman would do that? Remember, she knows him for less than a year and is ready to give up her US citizenship and her beloved dog to play a subservient role to him and to other members of the family that have awful personalities like Princess Michael??  I can't think of anything more distasteful.