Trusted Contributor

Re: Relationships And Compromising

Will they allow MM to have dual citizenship? I'm not sure but doubt it.  As bad as things seem in our beautiful country I do not view their society as any better, in fact, a little more scary from threat of terrorism. She and Harry can do good works around the world from the U.S., if collaborating for good works is their reason for wanting a life long partnership. One can love what a person stands for without having to commit to being their forever partner.  If not for who Harry is, this doubting Thomasina thinks MM would not marry him. He had a reputation for being a playboy while single and I hope he gave MM results of good health and hope she bothered to inquire first.  

Trusted Contributor

Would I abandon my dog who was aging and emotionally connected to me since puppyhood. A huge sacrifice.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right now, it seems Meghan is gaining more than she's giving up.  It's been reported that she started wearing the nude/light pink nail polish and has given up short dresses to conform to the queen's dress code.  However, she'll have a fabulous wardrobe for the rest of her days.  She'll have lots of fantastic trips and will never have to get a job again.  She'll live in beautiful homes and will have help taking care of her houses and her children. 

She will have public scrutiny, but not so much as the years go by and William becomes king and his three kids are the heirs to the throne.  She seems to like being high-profile like this and so is suited to this role.  If I had to choose, I'd rather be a minor royal than married to the king, like Kate will be. 

Honored Contributor

Nothing is a compromise if you have nothing to lose. But if I was on the way to gaining something positive in my life and had to give up something in return then I would have to weigh the possible outcome before I took the plunge. Gaining more fame and fortune has it's price...to me that is a compromise.

Respected Contributor

Look for WIN WIN options instead....nobody loses...that's a better plan.

Esteemed Contributor

Marriage does take communication and compromising for both. However, I agree with what others said, maybe she is happy and this is what she wants to do and is not compromising anything.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2,

At first glance it does seem that MM is doing all the compromising. I used to think that about Grace Kelly. From Oscar winning actress and worldly woman, to a trophy wife for Royalty. Yikes, talk about compromise. I actually think Princess Grace's life in Monaco was tragic, but I see MM & The Prince on more equal footing. MM discovered how things were during the courtship and let's face it, she may end up becoming a modern day version of Princess Diana. The Prince has said he knew she was "the one" from the moment they met, and that's pretty powerful. MM stands her own when compared to Diana from the Prince's standpoint.

dee

Honored Contributor

There's something about the word compromise that bothers me .... it somehow hints that someone never gets what they want.  I don't recall who said it, but the gist of it was that "anyone can have a successful relationship when both parties know how to negotiate".   More of a give and take situation, although it may seem exactly the same to others.

Actually, I've never known ANYONE who got married ... or went into a new job and knew 100% what they were getting into.  There are always surprises.   Who ever knew exactly what they were getting into?  You take each step as it comes along.

Harry has never been married, nor lived a long time with any woman ... if he did, I don't recall.  Meghan has known the joy of a new marriage and the sadness of divorce.  Harry may have more adjustments than Meghan when it comes to the relationship.

Harry and MM will not be subject to the demands that William and Kate are.  It's like Andrew and Fergie ... he was "the spare" and of secondary importance to the royals.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Animals, both dogs and cats, have health and emotional issues as they age, just as people do. They are quicker to organ failure.

From the Daily Mail:

“Unfortunately, she had to decide to leave Bogart behind in North America because he was thought to be too old to make the plane trip across the Atlantic.

“For some dogs, the plane trip and lengthy approval process to enter the United Kingdom can be pretty arduous. To secure permission to live in the U.K., a foreign dog must be microchipped and travel in an airplane’s cargo section, which can be dangerous for some pets, according to Dogfriendly.com.

“The owner also must bring documents showing that the animal has received vaccinations and been tested and treated for various infectious diseases, including rabies and tapeworm. Dogs that don’t meet these requirements are subject to a quarantine of up to six months.

“In an interview earlier this month, Markle revealed that one of her dogs — presumably Bogart — found a home with very close friends of hers, while Guy had been in the U.K. for a while.”

If the dog (or cat) is elderly they will often have kidney failure. They can’t regulate their body temperature - that’s why so many pets die in cargo holds.  There are several reasons to do with the animal’s age and general health, neither of which anyone here knows personally, that would give reason to believe that an elderly dog, no longer in great health, could die during a flight or their organs shut down out of pure stress, medication or no medication.

PSA over - you can go back to insinuating now.

I didn't see insinuation, what I saw was concern being expressed for an elderly companion animal that was no longer part of the larger plan, and you can take that any way you like...

So...if an elderly dog in not the best of health was put into the cargo hold of an airplane and was DOA or in extremis upon deplaning, that would be “Well, at least the dog died knowing it was loved?” So that’s kinder? Taking better care of the dog?

People who are strangers to us do not owe us explanations for their decisions - period.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Poor poor meghan....Giving up a career when who knows if she will ever get another job.  Getting a prince, money, status, never having to work....What a sacrifice.....Also she can divorce just Diana did....