Respected Contributor

Michelle Lau knocked it out of the park yesterday while on with Rick Domeier.  Even Rick made a comment about her presentation.  She is the real thing.  What a great host she would be.  Good job, Michelle!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@pommom wrote:

Michelle Lau knocked it out of the park yesterday while on with Rick Domeier.  Even Rick made a comment about her presentation.  She is the real thing.  What a great host she would be.  Good job, Michelle!

Her presentations are better on QVC than on her previous stations.  I can see her as a host. I'm not sure why we have to have an expert during these shows conseidering that the hosts seem to know a lot about what they are selling.  

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@pommom wrote:

Her presentations are better on QVC than on her previous stations.  I can see her as a host. I'm not sure why we have to have an expert during these shows conseidering that the hosts seem to know a lot about what they are selling.  

I think it's very important to have a knowledgeable, personable, relatable, and professional jewelry/gem expert for these presentations.  While some of the QVC hosts have some experience in this area, others are far from up to speed.  I can name several hosts (not even counting the very new hosts) that would only be able to muster superficial information ("isn't it beautiful!?").  I think gem purchases are definitely boosted by detail, history, and first-hand expertise.

So far, Michelle seems to be great and complements the hosts very well. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am not very familar with Michelle Lau, but sometimes people are better at focusing their presentation skills in one direction representing a specific product (brand or category) than they are at being a host.  That could be why Michelle seems better in this new role than she has in previous jobs.  In order to be a good host it is required to have some insight into everything you present.  That is a lot of meetings with buyers and vendors, sampling, and planning a script of what to say.  The job may be pretty good in pay scale, but it is mentally taxing. 

Honored Contributor

I remember Michele from America Store and HSN and then JTV and the few times she was on Shop LC.  I thoroughly enjoyed her yesterday as the gem expert with other hosts but I personally was never a fan of her's as a show host on any channel I saw her on. 

Honored Contributor

I had no idea who Michelle was - never saw her before yesterday.  Maybe she's a personality I have to get used to, but that will be tough.  I saw her with MBR as they presented 3 jade items before I turned them off.  During that time, I learned nothing I couldn't have figured out for myself and Michelle repeated herself several times. Not impressed yet.

Honored Contributor

I liked watching her a lot.

She let the hosts speak and she has such a nice smile and sincerely cheerful (to me anyway) personality.

I don't know why but I didn't enjoy Jeff's? presentations, (the man who was on most of the time).

He just kept talking and I don't think he has a good speaking voice.I didn't hear any interesting or new information about the jewelry just a kind of pushy sales manner.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I liked watching her a lot.

She let the hosts speak and she has such a nice smile and sincerely cheerful (to me anyway) personality.

I don't know why but I didn't enjoy Jeff's? presentations, (the man who was on most of the time).

He just kept talking and I don't think he has a good speaking voice.I didn't hear any interesting or new information about the jewelry just a kind of pushy sales manner.

Interesting you say that about Jeff Moseley @on the bay.  I had been hearing about his experience selling jewelry along with his wife Erin Moseley.  I think she has wonderful presence in the Diamonique shows, but Jeff seems a bit stiff and off-putting.  It could be that he was just a little nervous in a new job.  He seemed nice enough, but had a keep your distance please kind of persona to me.  I didn't get that warmth factor from him. He'll probably loosen up as the shows go on. 

New Contributor

I watched her on JTV, and was happy to see she joined the Q. Very knowledgable about gemstones. I bought my first jade piece on Gem Day after listening to her explain the beauty and care of a jade jewelry piece. I also appreciate her maturity as far as age. QVC needs to remember that the 40-50 yr old age group are the folks with the cash to shop, but tire of the young size 2 hosts. Michelle is a beautiful host, but you can clearly see her experience in re to the product line and presentation experience. She is interesting and fun. 

New Contributor

Michelle was great, but Jeff was not my cup of tea, specifically because when I watched him on JTV he was loud and forceful. Maybe that is the environment on JTV, because all of the male presenters were quite loud, but I just did not enjoy him on Q the other day.