Respected Contributor

Re: Realizing how overwhelmed I am right now

@Hooty wrote:

On top of all this in regard to the virus, I am having to decide to put my sister (only sibling) in a nursing home!  She has Parkinson's disease and is unable to live alone any longer, I currently have 24/7 sitters with her right now, but that is very costly, I need to place her with a facility where Medicare helps pay the costs!  I am just overwhelmed, this could not have happened at a worse time, with this virus going around!

@Hooty....I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I totally understand. (((Hugs)))

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@twinny70 wrote:

I am still ox ox, I feel your pain.  I have an AI disorder and it's been a difficult week for me.  My next infusion is next Monday morning and my DH can't go in with me,  but will have to sit in the parking lot for 3 hours.  We have been doing a self quarantine ourselves since March 13th.  The first two weeks went fast as we did a complete spring cleaning job in the house.  One day at a time.  It was not a lot of work for both of us helping each other out.  Last week I did a few things in the sewing  dept. that I have been putting off.  This week I am taking it easy.  Some days I don't feel like doing anything & I don't feel guilty about it.  Yesterday we had sunshine.  That  makes a difference in my mood.  Take care of yourself and this shall pass.  Hugs.

@twinny70, My infusion is Monday also. I received a call on Thursday from the infusion nurse and she said she was required to tell me that I would be much more likely to pick up this virus(100 times more likely) than people that are not immunocompromised. They wanted a commitment from me that I would go straight home and not have any contact with anyone for at least 3 weeks. I told her I was already doing that but my greatest fear was going into that building. I was shaken from the call.

That does sound frightening. I'm so sorry you're having to have these extra concerns on top of the usual ones. Just do your best with what they tell you. That's all we can do. One foot in front of the other until we get there and can rest.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

On top of all this in regard to the virus, I am having to decide to put my sister (only sibling) in a nursing home!  She has Parkinson's disease and is unable to live alone any longer, I currently have 24/7 sitters with her right now, but that is very costly, I need to place her with a facility where Medicare helps pay the costs!  I am just overwhelmed, this could not have happened at a worse time, with this virus going around!

@Hooty....I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I totally understand. (((Hugs)))

@catwhisperer, I know you do! Heart

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@twinny70 wrote:

I am still ox ox, I feel your pain.  I have an AI disorder and it's been a difficult week for me.  My next infusion is next Monday morning and my DH can't go in with me,  but will have to sit in the parking lot for 3 hours.  We have been doing a self quarantine ourselves since March 13th.  The first two weeks went fast as we did a complete spring cleaning job in the house.  One day at a time.  It was not a lot of work for both of us helping each other out.  Last week I did a few things in the sewing  dept. that I have been putting off.  This week I am taking it easy.  Some days I don't feel like doing anything & I don't feel guilty about it.  Yesterday we had sunshine.  That  makes a difference in my mood.  Take care of yourself and this shall pass.  Hugs.

@twinny70, My infusion is Monday also. I received a call on Thursday from the infusion nurse and she said she was required to tell me that I would be much more likely to pick up this virus(100 times more likely) than people that are not immunocompromised. They wanted a commitment from me that I would go straight home and not have any contact with anyone for at least 3 weeks. I told her I was already doing that but my greatest fear was going into that building. I was shaken from the call.

That does sound frightening. I'm so sorry you're having to have these extra concerns on top of the usual ones. Just do your best with what they tell you. That's all we can do. One foot in front of the other until we get there and can rest.

@PorcelainThank you, @I am still oxox I hope tomorrow is a better day. Sometimes you have to think in terms of 1 hour at a time rather than one day at a time. I think there is something seriously wrong with people that are not affected by these circumstances. Some of us deal with adversity everyday and this virus and all that it brings added to it is a bit much.

Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

One thing that I have had to do this week is to take a break from the news. Yes I know it is bad and yes I am following the CDC guidelines but watching the news all day can cause near panic attacks. You say that you don't have the energy to go outside. You probably don't need to be outside unless you have private space or a way to get to a park with walking trails. You don't need to worry about chores or returning things. Most places are giving extended time for returns. Just take one day at a time and know that if you do your part to stay safe this too shall pass. In the meantime call a friend to talk. Make lists of what you want to do when this is over and stop obsessing about what you can't do and think about what you can do.  This is a different world for all of us right now. But we can get through this. 

True but I can't help but wonder if after it's over, will it be a different world?   It will be worth it all if a "different world" would be one that is more concerned about being kind and caring for others.

Respected Contributor

Who isn't overwhelmed? Due to my loneliness, I find I have more respect and empathy for families that have someone in the military serving actively.

Our son is a physician who has not seen his wife and 4 children in person for over 3 weeks.

My husband is a retired doctor who was called "back in" to help in NYC.  He left last Saturday.  I worry because last winter he suffered from blood clots in his lung and leg.  Even if he were off duty today, I could not see him for 14 days.

I am a cancer patient alone for who knows how long.

We all have crosses to bear but there is always someone who has a heavier one.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 God bless your son and your husband. And you. That is so much to bear, and truly humbling. I wish you and your family all the best. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this❤

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have 3 QVC packages sitting un opened, one box of shoes that has to go back to DSW, my Summer clothes sitting in a pile ready to be swapped out, and I have a lot  to no energy to do it. Everything is sitting in the living room and haunting me everywhere I look 

I am immuosupressed and right staying alive is a major priority 

@I am still oxox Yes you stay healthy!  You are important to us!

Put that stuff in a box and hide it.  Send back all the QVC stuff if you want--have a pickup for UPS or USPS to come get it.  Change out clothes one at a time and don't worry about making the switch.  You don't need much staying home!

I decided today a lot of the things I want/need to do are NOT going to get done. I cleaned out two closets and I'm done.  DONE.  I'm going to kick back and do what I want!

Want to join me????

Honored Contributor

Try getting your mind off yourself and thank everyone who continuously provides support to you here. 

Esteemed Contributor

I read these helpful answers. Bless you all who have responded even though you have multiple problems. 
 May we all have better health and our world back soon!   🌷🌞🌺🌈🙏🏼🌎