Honored Contributor

Praise the heavens, some good soul put the packages by the front door while I was out back brushing a hairy dog. Turns out the HSN items were both in one box; they were the leather Patricia Nash guitar strap which is gorgeous and the TS suede shoes which are much prettier in person. 

Then there's the D&C lamb jacket (sold out) a SG big shirt and the VPH mirrored turn table thingy. 

I just wish I knew who brought this over so I could thank them.  When you really look forward to getting something, it's a real let down when it doesn't happen due to incompetence. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think having a lot of things go wrong with deliveries is frustrating.  I'd be upset, too.

as for the question about shopping locally, there can be many reasons why this doesn't work for us.  Being disabled (like the OP) is one.  In my case, I live in a small town with somewhat limited shopping options.  I have to spend at least 90 minutes in the car to get to a bigger city, and if there's roadwork, unusually heavy traffic, or an accident, it can be longer. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   So happy you had a better ending to this. 

Honored Contributor

@on the bay  Thanks so much for your advice.  Someone else will soon need it.  I think UPS is just overwhelmed with more business than they can handle.  I'd bet they've lowered their hiring standards too to get help.  They used to be so picky.  Things get to Hodgkins, IL. and seem to stay there for days.  They are being smothered with success thanks to the internet. 

Honored Contributor

I know the anxiety and frustration dealing with not only CS but UPS and the USPS as well. So glad @Kachina624 that everything worked out and your packages delivered safely.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Praise the heavens, some good soul put the packages by the front door while I was out back brushing a hairy dog. Turns out the HSN items were both in one box; they were the leather Patricia Nash guitar strap which is gorgeous and the TS suede shoes which are much prettier in person. 

Then there's the D&C lamb jacket (sold out) a SG big shirt and the VPH mirrored turn table thingy. 

I just wish I knew who brought this over so I could thank them.  When you really look forward to getting something, it's a real let down when it doesn't happen due to incompetence. 

Yay!   I love a happy ending, and I hope you love all your new goodies.   Just ignore the usual "Thread Snipers," they live to be hateful.  

Respected Contributor

PLEASE go to your  post office and DEMAND a search for your packages. I had a similar situation. The package was sitting in the post office! 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Were they possibly taken by a thief?  That happens a lot - people follow the truck and run up and grab the boxes. 

It sounds like her dogs would have barked.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

If you get a package mis-delivered to your house and you can't or won't for whatever reason get it to the addressee, what do you do?  There's absolutely nobody to call to come get it.  Their system needs work badly. 

I was so happy to see that UPS would deliver rather than wait for the post office rigamarole.  Wrong assumption. 

When this happens to me I either deliver it myself or I get the phone number for the proper person and call them to see what they would like me to do - hold it for them or send it back. I try to handle the problem as I would like someone to do for me.  And you can call the UPS national number - they can handle anything local quite well. Their CS has always done a fine job for me.

@Perkup  I dare you to call the Nationwide UPS number and talk to someone about a misdelivery.  You can't do squat unless you enter a tracking number, at which time it tells you the pkg was delivered. 

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

PLEASE go to your  post office and DEMAND a search for your packages. I had a similar situation. The package was sitting in the post office! 

@ellaphant Why would she do that when she knows exactly where the packages are?