Honored Contributor

I'm absolutely beside myself I'm so disgusted.  I've waited 10 days for a couple of orders, a little less for another, while UPS diddled around with them.  They got to town finally and I get a message in tracking that UPS will deliver rather than the post office since they'll be in the area (they're in the area daily). 

So I'm waiting, waiting, check tracking and see that all three were delivered at 1:56pm, only they weren't.  Nothing outside anywhere, no dogs barking at a truck.  Spend 30 minutes trying to find a phone number for the local UPS terminal.  There isn't one.  No way to contact anyone. 

I talk to a nice young man at QVC CS and we decide to wait and see if a good Samaritan shows up with them.  One item is sold out. 

Then to add insult to injury, I remember I've got two items coming from HSN, check their tracking and guess what else was delivered at 1:56pm.  So that 5 packages misdelivered by a moron at UPS.  Oh...and the HSN items are both sold out. 

I'm so upset I have a tension headache.  I don't know what's going to come of the shipping fiasco in the country but it seems impossible to get a package from point A to B in a reasonable time with accuracy.  The infrastructure just can't handle the surge brought on by internet sales.  Christmas is going to be a nightmare. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Hi @Kachina624

I know how you feel.  It's been especially bad lately, and twice I've had items reported as delivered and didn't receive them until days later.

And I hate it when they take an extra two days and hand it over to the post office.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624

I have seen that same message in my tracking, and every time, the package was at the post office. Try your PO  and see if they have your packages. 

Good luck, I know this issue is so exasperating ):

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm absolutely beside myself I'm so disgusted.  I've waited 10 days for a couple of orders, a little less for another, while UPS diddled around with them.  They got to town finally and I get a message in tracking that UPS will deliver rather than the post office since they'll be in the area (they're in the area daily). 

So I'm waiting, waiting, check tracking and see that all three were delivered at 1:56pm, only they weren't.  Nothing outside anywhere, no dogs barking at a truck.  Spend 30 minutes trying to find a phone number for the local UPS terminal.  There isn't one.  No way to contact anyone. 

I talk to a nice young man at QVC CS and we decide to wait and see if a good Samaritan shows up with them.  One item is sold out. 

Then to add insult to injury, I remember I've got two items coming from HSN, check their tracking and guess what else was delivered at 1:56pm.  So that 5 packages misdelivered by a moron at UPS.  Oh...and the HSN items are both sold out. 

I'm so upset I have a tension headache.  I don't know what's going to come of the shipping fiasco in the country but it seems impossible to get a package from point A to B in a reasonable time with accuracy.  The infrastructure just can't handle the surge brought on by internet sales.  Christmas is going to be a nightmare. 

@Kachina624  Then to avoid a shipping nightmare, why don't you shop locally?

Honored Contributor

Just today I got 3 pieces of mail belonging to my next door neighbor.  This happens several times a month.  

It's not just UPS.  Three times now within 2 months I've had small boxes crammed into my mail box (it's larger than most boxes) and I had to call the post office to have someone come out and get the thing out of my mailbox!  

My neighbor tried and he couldn't get it out either.  By the time it came out of my mailbox most of the box was destroyed!

I can't tell you how many things the carrier has jammed into my mailbox!  

My daughter in Denver paid extra money to have UPS come and pick up two chairs I'd sent her to return to QVC.  She stayed home waiting for them....they never called or showed up.  She called again and the same thing.  She and her boyfriend tied them to the top of her car and TOOK them to UPS....she filled out paperwork to get the money she'd payed to be picked up back.  That was a few months ago.  Still no money from them.

Honored Contributor

If you get a package mis-delivered to your house and you can't or won't for whatever reason get it to the addressee, what do you do?  There's absolutely nobody to call to come get it.  Their system needs work badly. 

I was so happy to see that UPS would deliver rather than wait for the post office rigamarole.  Wrong assumption. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624  Then to avoid a shipping nightmare, why don't you shop locally?

@Pearlee  Because I'm disabled and can't walk far enough to shop, okay? 

Respected Contributor

Were they possibly taken by a thief?  That happens a lot - people follow the truck and run up and grab the boxes. 

Esteemed Contributor

Delayed delivery is a good reason to raise the blood pressure?  What did you order that's so important  - medication - or a Christmas thing-a-ding that will sit on a shelf until December?   Getting yourself "absolutely beside myself'"..... is beyond common sense. (5 paragraphs of the rant is also beyond  sense)

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Were they possibly taken by a thief?  That happens a lot - people follow the truck and run up and grab the boxes. 

Yep @hoosieroriginal, we call them "Porch Pirates" where I am from...!