Trusted Contributor

Re: REPLACING REAL DIAMOND WITH A CZ

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I think it would be sad to shove such a precious gift into a lock box - you should wear it and enjoy it and not worry about what might happen.  It was given to you in love - enjoy it!

I so agree I wear mine everyday   --- it's insured.

Jamma

Respected Contributor

@silver fox wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

My diamond engagement ring is not large - 3/4 carat, but there is no CZ I have bought - and I have some expensive ones - that come close to the sparkle (and this after over 30 years of daily wear).  There really is nothing like a real diamond.

Execpt a Mossianite !!!!!

I'm not familiar - need to check those out.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

there was a story on line this week about a national jewerly store replacing diamonds with CZ stones.

If you had your rings, bracelets and so forth repaired at this national jewerly store that is when the replacement happened.  

I had my wedding rings and 2 diamond rings resized at this jewerly store  ( some 8 yrs ago or so). should have my rings checked out by another jewerly store to see if my diamonds are still intact.

Trusted Contributor

Life's too short.  In the end, it's all only stuff.  And we can't take it with us.  Wear it and enjoy it.  If you lose it, that would be sad.  But, the world would not end.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

@onlyshopsonline wrote:

Life's too short.  In the end, it's all only stuff.  And we can't take it with us.  Wear it and enjoy it.  If you lose it, that would be sad.  But, the world would not end.

@onlyshopsonline

I could not agree more. 

(Unless it's the Hope Diamond) What's the sense in having a diamond engagement ring if you are not going to wear it? We were robbed and my engagement ring was taken.  It was replaced with something I liked better.

I've read stories about thieves taking CZ (believing it was a diamond) rings off fingers and causing serious injury. 

Honored Contributor

Whats the point of having nice things if you can't enjoy them?  If something happens to your ring ,you will never get back the sentiment.  I would take the insurance money each month ,and save it. If something happens to your ring you have a nest egg to buy another. You are paying about $588 a year, in case something happens.  It might never happen ,save the money and enjoy your ring

Super Contributor

Please enjoy your diamond engagement ring. What is the purpose of having one if you can't wear it. It wasn't meant to be locked away. As someone else said, take the money and save it instead of paying on insurance.