Esteemed Contributor

Re: RECEIVING FILTHY, DIRTY BAGS OF CLOTHES FROM QVC

Anybody ever wonder if this is what's really going on at UPS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9SYhA63fQA

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Contributor

QVC'S PROMPT RESPONSE TO MY FILTHY, DIRTY BAGS OF CLOTHES=For 2 years I have been trying to get UPS to understand my complaint about the filthy, dirty plastic bags of clothes that they deliver to me. UPS doesn't believe me & says it's not their fault. That's the reason I saved the bags (in a box in my cellar Smiley Wink ),so that I could show them that it's not just one (1) random bag, but EVERY bag they deliver. But this is the first that I called it to QVC's attention. My fault there. I e-mailed QVC customer service & they also monitored this Message Forum on the subject. QVC answered me with a lovely phone call this morning & are contacting UPS about all of these customer complaints about the dirty bags. We do believe that it has to do with my southwest PA area UPS distribution hub & probably their belt system being filthy, if that's what is causing this dirty problem. FED EX must not use the same type of system or they are keeping it clean. Same with the U.S. Post Office. Neither one delivers filthy, dirty plastic bags to me. Thanks to all of you for your stories & thanks to QVC for their immediate response. Let's all hope something better comes from this.

Honored Contributor

@boquet bonnie, thanks for the followup. Smiley Happy

UPS' bags may be filthier than the P.O.'s, but I find UPS' delivery to be quicker and definitely more accurate.  I've had a lot of P.O. errors lately, including two different packages of mine (not from QVC) arriving at my local P.O. and then being sent elsewhere rather than delivered to me (I saw by tracking info).  Also this "partnership" QVC has with having two different shippers, the second one being the P.O., really delays delivery.  I can deal with filthy bags if it's a tradeoff for accurate and speedy delivery.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

As much as they charge for shipping, this is ridiculous.

??????  They reduced shipping to $3.00 which isn't much at all for shipping.  I don't understand this comment.

Not all shipping charges are $3.  Generally, clothing and jewelry are $3, shoes are $5 and most other things have remained the same.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

As much as they charge for shipping, this is ridiculous.

??????  They reduced shipping to $3.00 which isn't much at all for shipping.  I don't understand this comment.

Not all shipping charges are $3.  Generally, clothing and jewelry are $3, shoes are $5 and most other things have remained the same.

I am aware of that.  However, since the discussion is about the dirty QVC bags, I think this thread is mostly about the clothing, which has a $3 shipping charge. The shoes are not shipped in bags, nor are most of the other items that have remained the same shipping charge.

Esteemed Contributor

O/P,

The excuse given that the cause is the hub in your area is a bunch of hooey.  I've been shopping with QVC since 1989 and have receved so many gross bags it's ridiculous and these bags were shipped to California.

Frankly, I much prefer UPS, as the USPS is as crooked as a $3 bill.  Once when returning 2 items, which is very rare for me, I was focused on the large bag of clothing, which I chose not to insure, but totally forgot to insure the very small box.  Boy, was I stupid!  That small box contained an Or Paz ring that I needed to size up and of course someone in the post office stole it.  I know that theft is rampant at the USPS, as I used to work with someone who once had a job there and said as much.  I could have kicked myself for losing that $100.  Bad on me!  I knew better.

I've NEVER had any theft occur when returning an item via UPS, so don't give a fig how dirty their packages are.  I'm more concerned with quality of workers. Dirt I can cope with.  Crooked S - B -, no.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sfnative wrote:

O/P,

The excuse given that the cause is the hub in your area is a bunch of hooey.  I've been shopping with QVC since 1989 and have receved so many gross bags it's ridiculous and these bags were shipped to California.

Frankly, I much prefer UPS, as the USPS is as crooked as a $3 bill.  Once when returning 2 items, which is very rare for me, I was focused on the large bag of clothing, which I chose not to insure, but totally forgot to insure the very small box.  Boy, was I stupid!  That small box contained an Or Paz ring that I needed to size up and of course someone in the post office stole it.  I know that theft is rampant at the USPS, as I used to work with someone who once had a job there and said as much.  I could have kicked myself for losing that $100.  Bad on me!  I knew better.

I've NEVER had any theft occur when returning an item via UPS, so don't give a fig how dirty their packages are.  I'm more concerned with quality of workers. Dirt I can cope with.  Crooked S - B -, no.

@sfnative Years ago I had a ring sent to me by QVC stolen at my local P.O. branch.  The person was prosecuted for stealing mine and other pieces and I had to sign an affidavit about the theft.  I was told it was a seasonal worker.  QVC replaced the ring for me, fortunately, which was really nice since it wasn't QVC's fault.  So yes, I can verify firsthand that there is theft at the post office.  And, knock on wood, I've never had a problem with UPS or FedEx.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Betteb, that's hilarious!!  It's fedex     My current ups guy should get a delivery oscar.  But I rarely opt for this much more expensive option now from qvc

Trusted Contributor

I know what you mean, Boquet!  I recently received a very expensive leather purse from QVC and the box it arrived in was so dirty and crushed and even had a hole in the corner.  I was so worried about the condition of my purse but it was okay.  So I've had not only the dirty bags (probably from sliding around on the floor of the dirty UPS trucks) but also some badly crushed boxes! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

Betteb, that's hilarious!!  It's fedex     My current ups guy should get a delivery oscar.  But I rarely opt for this much more expensive option now from qvc

*********************************************************************************

Yep, I realize that clip is showing FedEx, but you get my point Smiley Happy

I found it looking for an old TV commercial that aired very briefly, done by some shipping entity, characterizing their competition like that. It's been awhile and I can't remember exactly who?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines