Esteemed Contributor

Re: READY FOR THE WINTER PREDICTION?

I HATE cold!!!!

Rain, I love.

I can easily fall asleep to the sound of rain.

A big, juicy storm?

I'm in love.

I even don't mind having to drive in a powerful storm.

But cold?

Forget about it.

Anything below 40 degrees is too cold for me, which is exactly why I will never live anywhere where it does get that cold, or colder.

Give me nice, warm, or even HOT sunny days!!!!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@GrouchomarxSounds like you've got a good plan.  Just please have a care while driving in weather.  keep in mind  the name is All Wheel Drive  NOT All Wheel STOP.  Been on New England roadways for decades and the Majority of spin outs I see in slippery weather are the jokers in their AWD's who had delusions of invincability and flew past me a few miles back. 

Respected Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

@GrouchomarxSounds like you've got a good plan.  Just please have a care while driving in weather.  keep in mind  the name is All Wheel Drive  NOT All Wheel STOP.  Been on New England roadways for decades and the Majority of spin outs I see in slippery weather are the jokers in their AWD's who had delusions of invincability and flew past me a few miles back. 

Thanks for you kind words. I've been driving a 4WD Jeep for the last decade. I still always drive like a complete woose and usually just stay home if it snows!  I can never, ever be too cautious LOL I do fear the others on the road, mostly. They drive like maniacs.

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx  Can i give you 5 hearts?  It's not Woose-dom  it's Wise-dom if you know your abilities and act accordingly.  Don't be fearful be aware.  keep the caution but CARRY ON!

Regular Contributor

I am getting new tires on my automobile and will be ready for winter.

I live in PA and can say that the Farmers Almanac has been rather accurate for us many years.  Believe what you want.

I can't imagine living in an area I hate - too many people voice their dislike of winter.  Why not do something about it rather than repeating yearly how much you hate winter?

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Surviving Winters isn't really all that much here in So. CA. 

Surviving and being prepared for Earthquakes is more prevalent. 

Also, there have been and will be more volcanoes erupting and shooting  ash and debris into the atmospheres around the world which cause heavy rainfalls and devastation. 

That's a reason I can't buy into climate change where humans are the sole culprits.  The Earth and nature does more damage on a global scale more than the humans living here do.   

Disagree, but won't enlighten you given the fact that we aren't allowed to discuss politics (even though it's not a political issue; it's a WORLD issue.

Honored Contributor

Even just THINKING about winter, I’m already cold.  I stay cold from late November through March. I hate every second of it. 

And then there are the days of gloom.  Here in North Georgia we get this thing called the wedge.  Something about the wind coming from the east.  Anyway, it will be dark and gloomy for days on end with this drizzle mist.......drizzle mist.....stuff.   It really affects my mood. 

I count the days till spring. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I HATE cold!!!!

Rain, I love.

I can easily fall asleep to the sound of rain.

A big, juicy storm?

I'm in love.

I even don't mind having to drive in a powerful storm.

But cold?

Forget about it.

Anything below 40 degrees is too cold for me, which is exactly why I will never live anywhere where it does get that cold, or colder.

Give me nice, warm, or even HOT sunny days!!!!

I too LOVE rain.  People think it's weird, but I love it.

Snow, as I mentioned, I dread.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like every other PA winter, why does Summer fly by and winter lasts forever and never leaves???

I envy you ppl in S. California and Arizona SO MUCH!

Esteemed Contributor

Another polar winter for the plains states and midwest. Like last winter wasn't wicked enough? Guess that's what gives us great character and longevity!

BTW: I'll take warm weather and long sunny Nebraska days with blue skies anytime. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.