Esteemed Contributor

READY FOR THE WINTER PREDICTION?

The Farmer's Almanac predicts a "polar coaster winter."  Freezing, frigid, and frosty are the exact terms it used to describe the upcoming season, especially for the areas "east of the Rockies all the way to the Appalachians."

It also warns that the season will be a "wild ride" full of unexpected changes in temperature and some hefty snowfalls.  The report goes on to say - The Midwest and Northeast will receive the worst of the frigid conditions.

Only the states west of the Rockies will experience conditions milder than usual, according to the forecast.

I believe you can Google Farmer's Almanac for more details.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Re: READY FOR THE WINTER PREDICTION?

Shucks, I wanted colder and more snowy than usual like we had last year.  Guess we'll have to settle for 50s and crystal, cloudless blue skies.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I expect to be moving to the Northeast, just in time for this polar winter! 

Esteemed Contributor

I'd like to see a comparison of past years what the almanac said vs. what actually happened.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma That's what I feel and thought it would be.  I've already checked out my heavy scarves.

Respected Contributor

Ready! Always. I moved north because winter is my favorite season. Sun and brilliant blue skies over a white landscape invigorate my body and soul. Where I grew up, winter tended to be mostly gray and depressing—rarely cold enough and with occasional snow that didn’t last long. I knew even then that I wd head north as an adult.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Shucks, I wanted colder and more snowy than usual like we had last year.  Guess we'll have to settle for 50s and crystal, cloudless blue skies.

@Kachina624    Gosh yes........I will sure miss paying those high electric bills........(!!)    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Absolutely not! I'm looking forward to the fall season and Thanksgiving before I start worrying about the snow.
Honored Contributor

We have had a spring and summer of extremes so far, winter might be more of the same

Respected Contributor

Welcome to the Northest!  Don't forget your Ice grips for your shoes and a good couple of snow shovels and Ice scrapers in the car.. Where you can reach them!  Gotta love the SEASONS!  " There's No bad weather, Just bad Gear!"