Honored Contributor

Re: READY FOR THE WINTER PREDICTION?

In case no one heard me the last four thousand times I mentioned it, I HATE WINTER!!!!

(Yup, Northeast, New England, CT to be specific.)

Honored Contributor

I dread it.  I just dread it.

I hate everything about winter.  

Honored Contributor

Only if it says light snow on Christmas Eve; mild and dry rest of winter.

Respected Contributor

I love living in the northeast. I love everything about winter. Snow, frosty weather, walking in the snow, bundling up under a blanket, playing in the snow, reading in front of the fireplace, watching it snow. Did I mention SNOW? LOL!! 

I don't put much stock in winter predictions from any source. They can barely predict the weather for tomorrow let alone long range forecasts. Every year they say practically the same thing - bitter cold and lots of snow. We usually get a mild winter and hardly any snow. At least not the amounts we used to get years ago.

Honored Contributor

I live on the front range of the Rockies, a place where the weather is often unpredictable and full of surprises. For as long as I have lived here, the weather is never the same nor has it been predictable.

Esteemed Contributor

I will worry about it when the winter comes around. In other words it is what it is.

Honored Contributor

Those forecasts are fun to read, although I am not so sure about their accuracy. Snow, ice, wind, cold, even blizzards--all normal for winter here. That even I can predict.

Esteemed Contributor

We just retired and moved from Wisconsin to Texas.  We are originally from Missouri, but lived the last 14 years in WI.  We will not miss the snow.  The heat here can be brutal, but I thank Mr Carrier for inventing air conditioning.  Will be watching the Wisconsin weather this winter, but won't be laughing....winter in Wisconsin can also be brutal.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick, I hope you enjoy your winter in TX.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369  @faeriemoon 

I feel the same way...HATE winter!

Hate the brown & gray landscape, cold, ice, relentless weeks of gray skies and darkness!