Respected Contributor

Re: READY FOR THE WINTER PREDICTION?

Don't want to hear about it.

Oh, that nasty four letter word, snow. Then the ice, and the slipping and sliding just to get the mail out of the mailbox. Then the heating bills. Then all those other four letters will be heard.

NO, I elect to stay in denial until I see it, then I will say Lindsays Grandma warned me.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@lmt   Snow is only pretty if you don't have to shovel or drive in it...and then it only lasts a short while until it get filthy & slushy.  Cars turn white not from snow but from all of the yucky salt that splashes up all over them, coating most of the cars' surfaces.

@haddon9  OK, I'm going to say something that most people will never understand. I love to shovel snow. I love to clean off snow from my car. I love to drive in snow. There I said it. Ducking for cover, LOL!!  Smiley Wink

I do agree with you that once pristine snow turns black in the plowed streets it is an ugly thing to behold. And, yes, there's nothing worse than a car covered in salt. 

But I'll never give up my love affair with that beautiful, magical white stuff!! Heart

@lmt   Well then you are invited to come on over to my house! Smiley Happy . I'll even throw in some hot chocolate to make it extra fun! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I HATE cold!!!!

Rain, I love.

I can easily fall asleep to the sound of rain.

A big, juicy storm?

I'm in love.

I even don't mind having to drive in a powerful storm.

But cold?

Forget about it.

Anything below 40 degrees is too cold for me, which is exactly why I will never live anywhere where it does get that cold, or colder.

Give me nice, warm, or even HOT sunny days!!!!

I am with you 100%!!! But unfortunately ( or fortunately) I have to be in New Jersey, family, job,etc. 

But i am hoping they are wrong with prediction, we will be going through house renovation and moving.

Honored Contributor

Well the prediction for my neck of the woods this week is "Sunny and cool".  They have it 1/2 right.

Sunny, yes.  Cool, hardly.  High 90's going into triple digits with heat index.

1/2 right is about the rate the FA is accurate for short term predictions.  The long-term  are a little better.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Midwest girl but not a winter person. Guess I'll brace myself. Grateful for my AWD Subaru. Working in education -- I'll get a few more snow days. Friend from northern Wisconsin told me summer was on a Thursday last year. . . she actually likes snow and cold weather.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

At least we'll kill the fleas!

Honored Contributor

I am in California and we just cMe out of a drought.  I wonder what they mean by warmer than usual ?  For us IDK what they mean as except for last year, it was warm....all year for last 5 years

Esteemed Contributor

I take that with a grain of salt. Last year it was to be bad here in PA with snow storms etc and it was nothing. Frankly I love Summer so I hope they're wrong again lol I love Summer because im cooped up enough with my bad back, but when its Winter im cooped up way more. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Occasional Contributor

I'm a northern girl living in in California for 55 yrs and still miss the the seasons.

Last fall I splurged on a new winter coat ( just in case) altho I honestly cant remember the last time I wore a winter coat - poor me!!

Respected Contributor

Used to matter when I worked - the thought of driving to DC when it snowed was stressful bc it meant I-395 would become a parking lot and I hate cold.  Now that I'm retired I don't have to leave the house if I don't want to but I absolutely hate the cold.