Honored Contributor

Re: QVC is Out of my League, Anymore!

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I don't mind paying for quality, however I feel many of the lines have gone down in quality, but up in price. You don't always get what you pay for unfortunately.

@QVCkitty1

Oh so true (both here and just about everywhere now).

Finding well made and long lasting anything anymore is a real challenge.

Honored Contributor

Why not look for as is ,or clearance clothing? Q has some real bargains to be had

Esteemed Contributor

I agree about the Q getting too spendy. But  where I think they have it over on b&m stores is availability of color and sizes.  You usually can't find such an array of colors and sizes in stores. Example coats:I saw a coat this morning on QVC available in lots of colors and sizes.  If I went shopping at my local stores I'd never find those colors in my size. And I'm an average size. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

QVC never has been a sale or bargain place.  Yes, they have some sales and nice buys once in a while.  I think they offer fair, retail prices, and have a pretty reputable company.  For me, it is the shipping and returns I dont like.  Could they do better? Yes.  Everything seems costly these days...no kidding.  I pick up a faux leather purse in Target for 49.00 bucks, or a cheap , cheap bedspread for 299.00. Even worse, a semi cheap bedspread I saw the other day for 799.00!!  The store the other day was teying to sell imported steel head oats for 10.99!  Same oats sold for 7.99 last December

I think qvc, like some brick and morter off some real deals, then over charge on some items to make up for the lower profit items

i dont often shop qvc like i did years ago.  I can go to neiman marcus, nordies or the venders themselves for cosmetics, skin care.  Free ship, free no questions asked returns, AND free samples and promotions.  If you go to lthe actual vender website they have big sales a couple times a year.  I love friends and family sales at perricone, and other sites.  Real sales, on real new product.  Free ship free returns

Honored Contributor

UPDATE 10/28:

I found a pullover North Face today made out of poly fleece in a Tartan plaid with kangaroo pockets and an interestng lacing at the neck with a hood.... it fits me beautifully and feels wonderful!!  I don't find things I love very often... so I  bought it at $99 Woman Surprised

The thing is it is beautifully made with a warranty from NF for the life of the garment!!  And most importantly, I really love it and will wear it often!  I bought it at Dillards.

I would love to see North Face sold on QVC..... Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Everything is getting expensive and since I am older and short the clothes are not my taste.  I have been shipping on line at Blair--especially on sale--3 for the price of 1 here. Nothing on sale clothes wise except xxs and no free shipping.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

I consider myself a "smart" shopper and take pride in it. Anybody can just shop and buy what they like. But a smart shopper takes it all seriously.

For instance, I want a 100% Pima cotton t-shirt. Simple enough. Now, I see Isaac has l00% Pima cotton and charges me as much as $39.95 and some more. I can get l00% Pima cotton from LLBean starting at $l4.95. Usually I get free S&H from LLBean and many times with a $l0. coupon. Isaac wants all my extra money b/c he is well known & the Q thinks they can get more money with his name.

I can find quality, value and convenience almost everywhere now. It's all at my finger tips.

@febe1  As far as I'm concerned, LL Bean is the gold standard of T's especially the Pima ones--which is all I buy now.

I don't mind paying more for good Ts and clothes I wear around the house--loungewear or casual clothes.  It's important to look good at  home too and these things get washed a lot, and worn out to run an errand.  So to me, that's important to have nice things to wear. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I consider myself a "smart" shopper and take pride in it. Anybody can just shop and buy what they like. But a smart shopper takes it all seriously.

@For instance, I want a 100% Pima cotton t-shirt. Simple enough. Now, I see Isaac has l00% Pima cotton and charges me as much as $39.95 and some more. I can get l00% Pima cotton from LLBean starting at $l4.95. Usually I get free S&H from LLBean and many times with a $l0. coupon. Isaac wants all my extra money b/c he is well known & the Q thinks they can get more money with his @name.

I can find quality, value and convenience almost everywhere now. It's all at my finger tips.

@febe1  As far as I'm concerned, LL Bean is the gold standard of T's especially the Pima ones--which is all I buy now.

I don't mind paying more for good Ts and clothes I wear around the house--loungewear or casual clothes.  It's important to look good at  home too and these things get washed a lot, and worn out to run an errand.  So to me, that's important to have nice things to wear. 

@Sooner, my point really isn't about buying good, quality clothes. I can afford to buy everything I've seen at the Q. After all, the Q is by no means high-end. Even their designer pieces are not high-end prices.

My point is more of being a knowledgeable shopper, be it high-end or low-end. The point here is to buy a quality t-shirt equal to the quality of a Q t-shirt at a much lesser price. After all, that's what the Q promises and we all should look for: quality, value and convenience.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@For instance, I want a 100% Pima cotton t-shirt. Simple enough. Now, I see Isaac has l00% Pima cotton and charges me as much as $39.95 and some more. I can get l00% Pima cotton from LLBean starting at $l4.95. Usually I get free S&H from LLBean and many times with a $l0. coupon. Isaac wants all my extra money b/c he is well known & the Q thinks they can get more money with his @name.

@Sooner, my point really isn't about buying good, quality clothes. I can afford to buy everything I've seen at the Q. After all, the Q is by no means high-end. Even their designer pieces are not high-end prices.

My point is more of being a knowledgeable shopper, be it high-end or low-end. The point here is to buy a quality t-shirt equal to the quality of a Q t-shirt at a much lesser price. After all, that's what the Q promises and we all should look for: quality, value and convenience.

@febe1  Well, I'm not really a "shopper."  I don't spend a lot of time comparing prices etc.  I need t-shirts, I buy them from Bean because I like the quality and really, how many t-shirts do I need?  Imostly buy clothes from Tabots because I can 90 percent of the time find what I need/want and be done with it.  So I'll have maybe 12 total good t-shirts per season in my closet, replace them as needed from LL Bean and never give it another thought. 

There are way too many other things I enjoy so I spend little time shoping for things like t-shirts.  So no, we aren't on the same thought path about this.   I am not a fashionista and don't have tons of clothes.  I understand where you are coming from.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think its mostly the clothing that has gotten outrageously priced on QVC. However I do find some deals (like the sweater coat I just bought for 26) I have never tried the Linea line so I cannot speak for that. But I disagree, when people think Susan's clothing is worth it, specifically her tops. I find her tops to be like Jacqueline Smiths at Kmart which I order online for a 1/3 of the price of Susan's on sale and they hold up great.

However I do like a lot of QVCs other products and DH and I have always been pleased with everything we bought (be it clothing or other). So that I can say. But there's no way I'm paying 50 dollars for a top now days. I don't work anymore and my lifestyles casual. (I dress nice daily but casual unless we have an event to dress up). Maybe if I still worked I'd pay more.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles