Honored Contributor

Re: QVC guests need a dress code!!

I am an old lady but I didn’t see anything wrong with that dress at all.The parts needing coverage were covered and the dress looked clean,unrumpled and fit well.

Trusted Contributor

@dex wrote:

I am an old lady but I didn’t see anything wrong with that dress at all.The parts needing coverage were covered and the dress looked clean,unrumpled and fit well.

I agree. I'm not seeing anything that shouldn't be seen.

s happ.JPG

Respected Contributor

I found the video.  When it first started playing I thought OMG she has on a short nightie.  She is too old, too broad for to pull that off.  Not a good look for her for sure.  But assuming she doesn't bend over to pick something up.... between her look and SKs bizarre getup.  Just LOL.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

She is one of those lovely people who could look good wearing flannel pajama bottoms with an ugly Christmas sweater for a top. We've all probably seen the video of someone coming out with a sweater for the weather girl on KTLA who wore the black sequinned dress to deliver the morning weather. I agree that some dress guidelines might be appropriate. I have been at many business breakfasts, afternoon teas, and fundraisers where women sometimes equate "dress up" with "s*xy." For daytime dress up, I follow the guidelines put out in a blog I found online:

Do’s For Daytime

1. Minimal shine, in fabrics and in jewelry.
  2. No beading – on your clothes. For jewelry of course, it’s fine.
  3. Skin shown appropriate to the venue. Very little skin indoors, more outdoors is fine. They call them sundresses because you  wear them in the sun.
  4. Black is not your default, although it’s not forbidden.
  5. If tight, not clingy. If clingy, not tight.

Don’t’s For Daytime

1. No need to dress in furniture fabrics, i.e. chintz, florals, toile, madras.
  2. Don’t shy away from more sophisticated color pairings – no one prefers an entire room full of women in pastels and primaries.
  3. You don’t need to dress as your mother might, unless your mother has exquisite taste.
  4. Think respectful, but not all the way to sedate.

Guess I'd rather be a little on the conservative side than standing out. Just my personal choice.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

@dex wrote:

I agree. I'm not seeing anything that shouldn't be seen.

s happ.JPG

One good gust of wind will make that young lady subject to arrest.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We're not supposed to comment on what a person wears, don't you all know that by now? Unless, it's to compliment them, of course.

Honored Contributor

Nothing wrong with that dress.  When I was younger I wore many dresses similar so the look is nothing new.  I would love to still be able to wear such great looking clothing!  Although it never matters to me what anyone wears for their job (unless a health or safety issue or wrinkled or dirty), a host or vendor is way different  than say an office worker or someone working in a professional setting.  TV sales are somewhat of a reality show and way more casual.

Honored Contributor

In the pic it looks like her chest is covered up?  JM always her's hanging out.

Honored Contributor

She might be channeling the K ladies...

C6466C78-257D-42E0-B963-D93E52E0C6FE.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I just saw the video. What she is wearing is a very current style called a "slip dress." Neiman Marcus has some really cute ones for those who like the style. There are also some on the Nordstrom website....