Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC Studio Holiday Decor

Alot more are just buying on line now, and they know it.  Five years from now, if this forum is even still around there will be probably be a topic "Remember when the Q was on TV?"  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I also noticed Valerie did not have as many "cuties"  (little things) this year either.most of what she had were  Mercury glass items.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarkeieMark wrote:

Alot more are just buying on line now, and they know it.  Five years from now, if this forum is even still around there will be probably be a topic "Remember when the Q was on TV?"  Woman LOL

sorry for quoting...........

This forum has been around for over 25 ys.........lol  can you believe it?

It has not improved with age though.........lol

Contributor

I never watch QVC anymore, imo products are repetitious and boring. Dotty PPP I also wonder how long the Q will really be on TV. Too much competition online and their model of having around the clock live presentations may become too expensive. I did most of my shopping from Amazon with free shipping and delivered within 3 to 4 days. It will be interesting to see what happens within the next year or so with home shopping.

Respected Contributor

The Christmas decor has been up for so long I don’t pay attention to it. Perhaps a more minimal look was an esthetic choice. 

Esteemed Contributor

I see hardly any decorations. They use to have trees and menorahs in years past. Nothing much now and no menorah.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I agree.  30/35 years ago when QVC and HSN started, it was a novelty and entertaining.  Now every b&m store has a website, Amazon is everywhere.  They can't keep raising the prices forever.  Nothing lasts forever and the shopping channels have had a good run.

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure both my trees (purchased from the Q) are smaller and much more beatiful than what's shown on QVC.

Respected Contributor

Less is More!

Honored Contributor

Salaries go to on air talent and not set decorators. My Big Lots store looks better than QVC sets.