Respected Contributor

Anyone else notice, it seems this year many of the QVC studio sets, in particular the fireplace mantles on the sets, are very sparsely decorated.  I'm looking at Pat this morning and the fireplace behind her has a plain green garland with very little other holiday decor.   The other day, I was watching and another set also had very little in the way of decorations.  

I remember when the Q decorated more generously.   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Studio Holiday Decor

They're probably already paring it down so it can all be down on the 26th. Though last year I believe they did leave trees up for a few days after Christmas.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

I've noticed it the last few years, it isn't what it used to be and I don't think they care. The Q is on a whole new level lately.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The trees on set are very boring in appearance. No ribbons, garlands or pics.They need Alberti's help. That man knows how to trim a tree!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, I don't feel the decor is as pretty as it used to be either.    Sometimes the sets now appear thrown together........so disappointing now.   Not much fun to watch anymore and the constant camera and electronics  selling is totally sickening.

Honored Contributor

It's odd, because they go all in on the holidays starting in July, you would think decorating would be more of a priority.🎄

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

They've had trees and other decor up since July.  I stopped paying attention a few months ago.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

The only time it looked really nice is when they are selling Valerie's wares...

Super Contributor

The decorations have been pathetic, you are right.  The "how to" videos, my great-grandmother wouldn't even try.  They have lost that the QVC viewer is very sophisticated.

Honored Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong here.....Didn't the set decorator retire? I remember (don't ask me why or how, but I do) during a show last year before Christmas, one of the hosts ( a woman) was talking about how beautiful the QVC Christmas decor was and that it was all due to THIS WOMAN... and she pulled someone out from somewhere and in front of the camera. They chatted a bit about where all this stuff is stored and all the boxes and bins and that after 20 some years of doing it, this was her last Christmas as she was retiring.

That may be the reason....either they didn't hire someone or they hired someone without the gift this woman had.

Anyone else remember that moment on air?