Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Studio Holiday Decor

QVC has become a TOTAL bore to me. I rarely watch anymore. When they started decorating for Christmas before Halloween, I lost interest. Things have definately changed & not for the better (imo). Products & programming are stale/boring, hosts are too annoying, so I've stopped watching. I read the forums & check "items recently on air". Otherwise they have about lost me

Honored Contributor

I no longer watch QVC long enough to notice the sets or the studio "decor."

Respected Contributor

Perhaps when QVC decorated their sets in July (the start of their Christmas season), the decorators were not motivated.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe they feel less is more, sometimes it is...on the other hand, my home looks like Santa threw up all over it...lol,,,every inch is Christmas decor.  I figure..Y NOT !?  lol

Honored Contributor

FIrst posters complain that sets are decorated too early.

Now posters complain that sets are not decorated enough.

Let me put on my surprised face.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

probably cutting costs - it takes $ to hire people to do all of that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ciao_bella wrote:

Anyone else notice, it seems this year many of the QVC studio sets, in particular the fireplace mantles on the sets, are very sparsely decorated.  I'm looking at Pat this morning and the fireplace behind her has a plain green garland with very little other holiday decor.   The other day, I was watching and another set also had very little in the way of decorations.  

I remember when the Q decorated more generously.   

@ciao_bella@ @Sahmlam

I remember on one show which was quite awhile ago, one of the hosts brought out a woman who they said had been their set decorator, and the host made the announcement she was leaving QVC for another opportunity they even told where she would be working but I forgot the company..  I think that's when I noticed all the sets were not decorated as nice as they used to be.................I think that's the reason for the change......

There are also some videos on the website of decorating ideas and this new guy just doesnt have "the touch"...... And looking at the pix on Alberti's Facebook Page I think he would do a better job on the sets than whoever is doing them now........

I DO still enjoy the sets that Valerie Parr Hill and her team do...they are very pretty and nicely done! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

maybe it is because many viewers don't celebrate Christmas.Q might want to be a little more understated now.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

maybe it is because many viewers don't celebrate Christmas.Q might want to be a little more understated now.

No, the simple answer is they lost their very good set designer. If they took a Christmas poll I missed it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Let's just call a spade a spade... QVC isn't doing anything with the same panache they once did. Their corporate style has changed markedly over the past decade and many would say not for the better. Those changes are reflected in every aspect of the operation and are often somewhat glaring.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...