Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Not Printing Return Labels Anymore

For a week or so, there was a tech glitch where the labels would not print. I used my own and now there is no tracking as I can't find the receipt of mailing. 3 items were incorrect colors sent out. Too much of a headache shopping here...

Honored Contributor

I wanted to post this before I left for lunch.

I noticed a few days ago there wasn't a label in some of the white packages.  

So when I open 2 more white packages with no return labels, I thought, "Ok that's it..I'm calling Customer Service."

Here's what I said to CS, " I just opened 2 white QVC packages and there wasn't a return label on any of them.  I let it go the other day when a few other packages had no return labels, however this is like 5 or 6 items with no label.  What's going on?"

There was a long pause.  Finally she said, "We are no longer sending out preprinted labels."

I said, "What?"  I was totally taken off guard.  I figured she'd apologize and offer to send me labels.

She said again, "We are no longer putting printed labels in our packaging".  Then she said, "I'm sorry if that inconveniences you."

I was speechless and just hung up the phone.

I was a little late for meeting my friend for lunch but I wanted to address it to all of you.

I thought it had been plastered everywhere and someone would say, "Annabelle, it's been printed everywhere.  Where have you been?"

So none of you were aware either?  This is crazy to not announce it and print it up somewhere.

I keep thinking I've screwed something up.  But I know what she said.

You are right that they'll get a lot less of stiff returned this way.

Its just not fair.  Not everyone has access to a printer.

I haven't tried to make my own label yet.  My friend at lunch said, "Do you think you can print a 'return postage' label?  I said, "Maybe they changed that too."

That would be terrible.  I just mailed something (a very small box) to my daughter in Colorado and it cost me what I think is a lot of money for a small box a taking almost 1 week to get there.

The box weighed 3 lbs and it cost me $16.40.  The box was what they put a little makeup in.

That's why people don't use the freaking post office.

Honored Contributor

Like I said, I was hoping I'd made a mistake.  When I do, I admit it.

But I know what that one girl from Customer Service told me.

She didn't say it was temporary.  She said"We are no longer printing return labels".

Respected Contributor

I don't like it either. I had to return 2 pairs of NYDJ TSV and 

did not have anything but my phone. No printer. And then I had to

request a refund because I didn't get any update. Not convenient 

any more. 

Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I don't like it either. I had to return 2 pairs of NYDJ TSV and 

did not have anything but my phone. No printer. And then I had to

request a refund because I didn't get any update. Not convenient 

any more. 

I am seriously considering ordering the TSV mattress on Sunday

but these return issues make me hesitate. A king size mattress is 

a major delivery and possible return concern. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  - I think it depends on where the things are shipped from.  Some things I've had directly from the vendor had those 3-part labels on the outside of the package - but I could never seperate them properly.  Luckily, I haven't had too many things I want to return, but I do have access to a printer, so could print the label out, if I needed to.

I had to ship something back to another retailer a couple of weeks ago. I printed out their label, but it wasn't prepaid.  It was jewelry and I paid at the post office for 1st class and insurance and it cost around $7.95.  Because I used PayPal to buy it, I could reclaim the shipping cost, but I haven't bothered.

I just ordered three things in the past month or so (jewelry, PTR and Tracfones) and all of them have prepaid return labels with the invoice, so I don't think it's true that QVC is no longer printing these.  The last two items just arrived this past week.

Honored Contributor

all of my items have had return labels in the packages.....both bags and boxes. on the rare instance i dont receive one, i print out a return label. i prefer using their labels because they are almost always cheaper to use and i can take it to the post office and get a return receipt. i also use the QVC EASY RETURNS process and have my refund in about a week or less, even before they receive the item back.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

In my case, I always do my few returns on my own dime, usually cheaper or the same cost, but the bonus for me is that way, I get my credit in about 7 days, vs the label taking much, much longer to get credit.

I don't like having to babysit my account to be sure I got my credits due, which you have to do with the label.

On my own dime, I check my tracking #, and 7 days after seeing it was received by QVC, I contact the social team and receive my credit within hours.

Very good on you! I may need to try this!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

They started this around Christmas. A slow withdrawal of packing slips with return slip attached. I thought maybe they were just so busy things were slipping through.

I usually just print the label off on my printer and it is still $6.95.

For those of you without a printer though (if they keep this up) you can make yourself a USPS account.

You then can ship things back by putting in the info (of course you have to know where it is going back to), and then pay by debit or credit card. You still have to have a printer though because you print out a label from USPS.

But at least you have a tracking number without having to go to the post office.

I have really had enough of QVC personally. They are no longer "special". They are slick with their "special pricing and sale pricing", which is ALWAYS the same price it was on air at previously. They just hike the "usual QVC price", like we are stupid and don't notice.

There are so many stores to shop online at, with better prices, coupons or coupon codes, better shipping etc.

I had a real problem today with a really pretty T-SHIRT that was $40.00. $40.00 for a Denim and Co T-shirt??? I am done with their overpricing.

New Contributor

Well, because of NO RETURN Labels I am not shopping with then anylonger,, They have changed sooooo much since they merged with HSN.. So not fair to their loyal customers.. They used to be the best place to shop...well not anylonger...