Honored Contributor

QVC Not Printing Return Labels Anymore

I must have missed this?  One reason I buy stuff/junk etc from QVC is they make it easy to return stuff.

I'm sure some of you are aware that they will no longer be printing return labels.

As far as I'm concerned my ordering from QVC will be much farther and inbetween.

QVC makes a big deal splashing everywhere their "easy pays", and when they have "free shipping", things like that.

However, they sure snuck in no more return labels.

So, it's going to cost a whole lot more returning stuff from now on.

The post office is very expensive to use.  I know because just sending something in a very small box toColorado can be $9 or $10 or even more.

I called CS and was told this.  There are fewer and fewer advantages in buying from QVC.

Super Contributor

Re: QVC Not Printing Return Labels Anymore

I have an iPad..many times I have to switch to Google before I'm able to print a return label.....if that doesn't work for you....call customer service...they will email you one...or mail you one....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my case, I always do my few returns on my own dime, usually cheaper or the same cost, but the bonus for me is that way, I get my credit in about 7 days, vs the label taking much, much longer to get credit.

I don't like having to babysit my account to be sure I got my credits due, which you have to do with the label.

On my own dime, I check my tracking #, and 7 days after seeing it was received by QVC, I contact the social team and receive my credit within hours.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I avoid buying anything from QVC that I'm not 99.9% sure of liking/fitting.  And if I don't like the item, which I rarely spend more than $30 for, I donate it. Too many places that have free shipping to waste money on s/h from QVC.

Honored Contributor

HSN has been doing this.  

In place of a label on the receipt, message requests calling CS before returning something.  So I did the first time asking why I needed permission.  "No, if you have a printer, you can print it out yourself."  Why tell customers to call first?  Why not say print it yourself from your order page if you have a printer?  If no printer, call CS.  

Looks like QVC is doing everything it can to cause customers to go elsewhere. 

Super Contributor

Thanks to annabellethecat for this post. I had no idea. I return very few things. Still, once in a blue moon, QVC will either forget to include the return label or it's unreadable. Going to the website is very handy. Too bad that the company is making things harder for the consumer instead of easier. I wonder why the change. Cat Frustrated Anyway, thanks again for the post. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I missed it too...........however I haven't returned anything for about a year.

Lock'n'Lock usually fits and they don't want food items returned. That's the type of stuff I buy.

(Clothing = NO)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@reviewer from sc wrote:

Thanks to annabellethecat for this post. I had no idea. I return very few things. Still, once in a blue moon, QVC will either forget to include the return label or it's unreadable. Going to the website is very handy. Too bad that the company is making things harder for the consumer instead of easier. I wonder why the change. Cat Frustrated Anyway, thanks again for the post. 

@reviewer from sc 

That's the point, the harder you make it to return items, the fewer returns you'll get.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

Well, that just sealed the deal between me and QVC. I won't be purchasing anything more from them.  My most recent purchase needs to go back but like you mentioned there is no return label or packing slip.  Why make it so difficult for your customers?  I have a wireless printer that's kind of hit or miss.  Right now she's decided she doesn't want to print anything for the last week, so I guess I'm stuck with something I'm not thrilled with. I shouldn't have to figure out a way to get this junk back to QVC.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Linda0215 

Oh, no you aren't!

Since I refuse to use their return label and merely wanted to return an an item at my own expense, I contacted the social team to find out where to return the item.

It's always been that different categories of items were returned to certain return centers.....no more.

It depends on which state you ordered from the determines which return center you send ALL of the returns to, regardless of their category of products.

In my case, ordering from GA, I was given one return warehouse to return to.

I write my return slip/reason for return and remedy wanted, on a piece of paper and tape to the item's inside package, then I write my own label to the chosen return warehouse for my state and done.