Honored Contributor

We shared information on charities for Texas and Florida, I am not seeing information on donations for Puerto Rico. 

Does anyone know of a reputable group?

Puerto Ricans are American citizens, they need help.  3.5 million American citizens live there.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

Yes, PR are Americans and have suffered much greater devastation than either Houston or the Keys.  I can't believe that food and water can't be brought in via ship or plane.  A real tragedy.

Respected Contributor

Re: Puerto Rico Donations

[ Edited ]

@Noel7  you're right. they really really need monetary help beause Puerto Rico is in serious financial difficulty involving bond defaults/bankruptcy  and cannot go to the bond markets to borrow as well-rated states can.  i see our former presidents have added PR to their hurricane relief effort One America Appeal which allows people to donate to United for Puerto Rico and The Fund for the Virgin Islands which also hasn't gotten much publicity. i know nothing about these orgs but assume they do.  just some info.

Honored Contributor

@castlenv wrote:

Yes, PR are Americans and have suffered much greater devastation than either Houston or the Keys.  I can't believe that food and water can't be brought in via ship or plane.  A real tragedy.

I just heard a report of a man going to a hospital there for help and dying there because they had nothing to help him anymore.  😢

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@Noel7  you're right. they really really need monetary help beause Puerto Rico is in serious financial difficulty involving bond defaults/bankruptcy  and cannot go to the bond markets to borrow as well-rated states can.  i see our former presidents have added PR to their hurricane relief effort One America Appeal which allows people to donate to United for Puerto Rico and The Fund for the Virgin Islands which also hasn't gotten much publicity. i know nothing about these orgs but assume they do.  just some info.

One America Appeal, thank you @ms traditional for mentioning them, I hadn't heard of them before.

Honored Contributor

My sister's church sent down a plane yesterday with food, generators and other necessities. Huge drives in New York State as well as NYC are going on as well, I hope other states will do the same.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Noel7:

Honored Contributor
Kachina624

Re: Puerto Rico dam developing major crack![ Edited ] 

@JaneMarple@I found one. I went on Charity Navigator and found the highest rated organization that does international relief. I read about their work and their stats of staff salièries, expenses, etc. Looks excellent, go check for yourself. It's called Direct Relief located in California. I went to their website and learned I could donate through PayPal and designate where I wanted my donation to go... Puerto Rico was one of the options. Done

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

My sister's church sent down a plane yesterday with food, generators and other necessities. Huge drives in New York State as well as NYC are going on as well, I hope other states will do the same.

@JaneMarple

That's wonderful!  We don't have a large Puerto Rican community here that I know of, geography.  I looked online the other day but didn't see a lot of information.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Noel7:

Honored Contributor
Kachina624

Re: Puerto Rico dam developing major crack![ Edited ] 

@JaneMarple@I found one. I went on Charity Navigator and found the highest rated organization that does international relief. I read about their work and their stats of staff salièries, expenses, etc. Looks excellent, go check for yourself. It's called Direct Relief located in California. I went to their website and learned I could donate through PayPal and designate where I wanted my donation to go... Puerto Rico was one of the options. Done

@JaneMarple

Again, thank you, thank you !