Honored Contributor

Thank you, Noel and others.  'I don't know where I've been'....I wasn't aware that PR has 3.5 million American citizens living there.   We (well, I) haven't heard much (if anything) about PR American citizens prior to this tragic devastation.   Hopefully other countries have been (or will be) helping those many people in need. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

Might be blocked, but will try.

Can donate through samaritanspurse.org.

10,000 fed workers on site to assist.

Hi @sfnative

Thanks for the donation reminder.  We know the 10,000 are on the island, but as of this morning, they still had not been released to get supplies out there.

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot

Has the FEMA guy said anything about opening the containers and getting supplies to the people? When it will happen?

@Noel7

All I heard from his was that things are going really well in other areas of PR, with the locals coming to supply stations picking up food and water.  He seemed to say that the mayor of San Juan was just whining and that FEMA was doing the best they can and everything is going just swell.  AND STOP ASKING QUESTIONS.

He struck me as being just bored and tired of the entire mess.  Great attitude for a FEMA administrator, right?

I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing out of his mouth is "I just want my life back."  Pesky storms ruining his days.  Pfft!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Tune into the news tonight kiddo's

Honored Contributor
9/30/17 via facebook   Tyler Perry

I've heard you Mayor Cruz....
If I had the military and the rest of the United States at my command I would have C130s full of electrical equipment and utility workers from the mainland on the ground restoring power.

I would have helicopters dropping food and water in remote areas that are cut off by washed away roads.

I would have the troops driving and delivering food and water and opening those 10 thousand containers that are filled with life saving items.

I would have generators flown in to run the banks and the drug stores and the gas stations.

I would use my voice and influence to call for calm and to comfort the people of Puerto Rico which is a US territory.

But I'm not in command. I’m one man but I see and feel your pain. You’re not only in my prayers, you're in my actions. I'm sending relief and as much help as I can. My prayers and heart are with you. Please join me in helping Puerto Rico.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...