Trusted Contributor
@hckynutjohn... Omg really?!?!?!?' Then l guess this is a new "Trend" John...and do NOT respond back to me because l will not even read it! Besides, your posts take way too much time to read... You see l live in Buffalo and LOVE our Buffalo Bills. Everyone was shocked when this happened tonight (Sunday) especially the fans in the stands...even the Cincinati fans! NOT seeing the entire game I doubt was on anyone's mind...and by the way, they will be getting their money back! Times have changed, John. When something like this happens they don't just put him in the ambulance and re-start the game... Look it up...google it... Whatever... Geezzzzz....
Valued Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:
@hckynutjohn... Omg really?!?!?!?' Then l guess this is a new "Trend" John...and do NOT respond back to me because l will not even read it! Besides, your posts take way too much time to read... You see l live in Buffalo and LOVE our Buffalo Bills. Everyone was shocked when this happened tonight (Sunday) especially the fans in the stands...even the Cincinati fans! NOT seeing the entire game I doubt was on anyone's mind...and by the way, they will be getting their money back! Times have changed, John. When something like this happens they don't just put him in the ambulance and re-start the game... Look it up...google it... Whatever... Geezzzzz....

@EastCoastGal, @hckynutjohn I live in Cincinnati and while I was not in attendance tonight, I can promise you that the fans are not concerned about their tickets. Everyone here really is praying hard for Damar. There is no way these teams could have gone back out on that field after what happened. That was very traumatic for everyone, the teams and the fans. That would have been far too much to expect them to put that aside and go play. This was not the sort of tragedy you've likely witnessed before if you think they should have resumed play. I'd have been so upset if they had. They would have had to have been pretty heartless to do that. I don't know of a single other person who thought we should have still played. Nobody is complaining. At that point, the game no longer mattered. It's not us vs them. We all stand in solidarity in praying for this young man. Many fans have flocked to wait outside the hospital, both Bengals and Bills fans praying together. I'm proud that our cities can come together like this. We have our priorities straight.

Valued Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@sann wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

He didn't collapse because of being injured.  He made a tackle, jumped back to his feet then seconds later collapsed, like so many other young, healthy adults are collapsing and dying, but we don't hear about most of them.  I'll refrain from opining further.

@SurferWife    A replay did show he took a hit to the chest area during the tackle....

Our news just confirmed what you said @sann. He suffered "cardiac arrest" because of it, but he will recover. Apparently the medical staff wants to check a few more things.

We can all be thankful he will be OK. 

@beach-mom, I have not heard any reports saying he would be ok. I pray so hard that this is true! I've been praying for him all night.

Super Contributor

@hckynutjohn  - the game did not go on  - football is tough yes, but they are human beings... all the players and staff were traumatized by what occurred. This is not a normal injury that occurs during the course of the game.and frankly anyone disappointed by the game not finishing is a dark dark person 

Respected Contributor

Prayers for a full recovery for this young man.

Honored Contributor

•  
Respected Contributor

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@sann wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

He didn't collapse because of being injured.  He made a tackle, jumped back to his feet then seconds later collapsed, like so many other young, healthy adults are collapsing and dying, but we don't hear about most of them.  I'll refrain from opining further.

@SurferWife    A replay did show he took a hit to the chest area during the tackle....

Our news just confirmed what you said @sann. He suffered "cardiac arrest" because of it, but he will recover. Apparently the medical staff wants to check a few more things.

We can all be thankful he will be OK. 

@beach-mom, I have not heard any reports saying he would be ok. I pray so hard that this is true! I've been praying for him all night.

@beach-mom I have also not heard that he will be ok.  He has been sedated and intubated.  CNN reported that his recovery will depend on how long he was in cardiac arrest. 

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn  Suspending the game shows respect for Damar Hamlin and his teammates who care about him. This is more important than the cost of a ticket to a game.

Bengals fans outside hospital in support of Damar HamlinHeart

Respected Contributor

I have completely lost all respect for a couple posters due to their comments on this thread 

Continued prayers for Damar and his family

Valued Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife  I don’t understand your post. I watched the game and the medical discussion that followed for several hours. I also worked in a level one trauma center. Commotio cordis is a reality that can occur even  in a healthy young person who receives a strong blow to the left side of the chest and disrupts the heart rhythm. It often happens in athletics I.e. a fastball to the chest in baseball but can also happen in a car accident if the steering wheel impacts the chest in just the right spot or in a boxing match etc.

What is it that caused you to respond so certainly and with greater confidence than the top trauma teams in the country? If I am misjudging or not understanding your post I apologize in advance. A number of people immediately hearted your post so they too apparently were certain “ he didn’t collapse because of being injured” Again, if I am misreading what you are implying I am sorry. I am just concerned how quickly these days facts just get deleted and speculation takes over as truth.