Honored Contributor
Sometimes I just shake my head at comments. 😢

My faith in humanity is focused on the millions in contributions since last night to his fund to buy toys for kids. Damar is a good soul.

Sending my prayers to him and his family.
Respected Contributor

Praying for he and his family.

Respected Contributor

@nevergivesup wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

He didn't collapse because of being injured.  He made a tackle, jumped back to his feet then seconds later collapsed, like so many other young, healthy adults are collapsing and dying, but we don't hear about most of them.  I'll refrain from opining further.

@SurferWife  I don’t understand your post. I watched the game and the medical discussion that followed for several hours. I also worked in a level one trauma center. Commotio cordis is a reality that can occur even  in a healthy young person who receives a strong blow to the left side of the chest and disrupts the heart rhythm. It often happens in athletics I.e. a fastball to the chest in baseball but can also happen in a car accident if the steering wheel impacts the chest in just the right spot or in a boxing match etc.

What is it that caused you to respond so certainly and with greater confidence than the top trauma teams in the country? If I am misjudging or not understanding your post I apologize in advance. A number of people immediately hearted your post so they too apparently were certain “ he didn’t collapse because of being injured” Again, if I am misreading what you are implying I am sorry. I am just concerned how quickly these days facts just get deleted and speculation takes over as truth.

nevergiveup:  Thank you for your post.  Some people think they know it all before an incident has been thoroughly investigated.  I will wait to hear what the real doctors determined happened with Demar.  Prayers for a good outcome.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it is important to add that Dr. Gupta I watched late night emphasized the very high level of care the trauma center that Damar was brought to delivers.  This am on the news it was mentioned that Damar is liked and respected by so many.

I did not watch the game.  I never watch football or many other sports.  My son and grandson never played.  Tall and as skinny as one can get.  But this type of injury can happen to anybody.  Car accidents, etc.  Prayers continue for Damar.

Trusted Contributor

@nevergivesup Thank you for your post. I too was baffled by @SurferWife comments. When I read it I was assuming she didn't mean how it sounded. I guess I am naive but why would somebody post something like that. It appears she did say how she felt as she has not corrected herself. I still am confused.

First of all, to be so sure of the cause when I don't believe even his own mother, who was there, knew what was happening. I'm still not even clear surferwife's point. It's very sad though that a poster will write something like this when a person's life is in jeopardy, regardless whether they are an athlete or otherwise.

I woke up last night thinking of this young man and hoping he can recover. My prayers are still with him and his family, along with his extended football family. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Prayers for the Bills

[ Edited ]

@cjm61 wrote:

@nevergivesup Thank you for your post. I too was baffled by @SurferWife comments. When I read it I was assuming she didn't mean how it sounded. I guess I am naive but why would somebody post something like that. It appears she did say how she felt as she has not corrected herself. I still am confused.

First of all, to be so sure of the cause when I don't believe even his own mother, who was there, knew what was happening. I'm still not even clear surferwife's point. It's very sad though that a poster will write something like this when a person's life is in jeopardy, regardless whether they are an athlete or otherwise.

I woke up last night thinking of this young man and hoping he can recover. My prayers are still with him and his family, along with his extended football family. 

@cjm61 , Sadly some will use any chance, even a tragedy, to push their political agenda. 😠

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I cannot even imagine what his poor mother was thinking/feeling at the time this happened.  

Respected Contributor

In 1971 Detroit Lion Chuck Hughes died on the field during a game. I think it was cardiac arrest.

Valued Contributor

@nevergivesup I'm going to guess the comment was meant as a bash against the vaccine. As in "so many young people dying that we don't know about". Only the people against the vaccination know about all those young people dying. Because they know the secret handshake to unlock the ark containing the secret scroll of names that main stream media won't report on and something, something, something potato.

Anyway, just my guess. Take it for what it's worth.

Honored Contributor

Praying for Damar Hamlin and his family 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”