Respected Contributor

How Would You Handle This Customer Service Issue?

I ordered an item from JC Penney for store (curbside) pickup. It has now arrived at the store. In the week since I placed the order, the price has dropped significantly. 

I called customer service to get my price lowered and was told they no longer make price adjustments on the phone for store pickup orders. You must go inside the store and ask in person. A supervisor repeated that response.

With high covid transmission in my area, I'm still doing curbside as much as possible. 

I'm leaning towards just not picking it up and letting JCP return it to their warehouse. It's something wanted, not needed.

Any suggestions?

Respected Contributor

Re: How Would You Handle This Customer Service Issue?

If it were me and I wanted the price adjustment I would go at a slow time of the day and pick up the item. But I'm up to date on all shots and always wear a mask when I enter a store.

Respected Contributor

I would go in and get the adjustment.  I can't live in fear any longer.

Contributor

I just wear N95 masks that I get from Amazon.  I am a teacher and come in contact with 500 elementart kids each week.  Knock on wood, I have never had Covid.

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

I ordered an item from JC Penney for store (curbside) pickup. It has now arrived at the store. In the week since I placed the order, the price has dropped significantly. 

I called customer service to get my price lowered and was told they no longer make price adjustments on the phone for store pickup orders. You must go inside the store and ask in person. A supervisor repeated that response.

With high covid transmission in my area, I'm still doing curbside as much as possible. 

I'm leaning towards just not picking it up and letting JCP return it to their warehouse. It's something wanted,

Any suggestions?

@PickyPicky3 

Worried about a virus! Stay home.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Unless you have some serious underlying condition, I'd go in and pick it up.  Keep "social distance" wear a mask if you want and go about your life.

Honored Contributor

I'd slap on a good quality mask, have sanitizer on standby in the car and go get it if I really wanted it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Go get your adjustment. First thing when they open, not as many people around.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

I go to the grocery store and wherever I want with no mask. You can't live in a bubble your whole life. Fear is very crippling.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PickyPicky3   Can you cancel the order? Is it cancelled without your being charged if you don't pick it up?

My brother has been quite sick with COVID for 9 days and even took Paxlovid at the start. He went to church & the grocery store & masked both times. I'm not going in stores at this point with the virus increase, and I understand your hesitation. I was very ill with COVID in 2020 for 5 weeks plus 2-3 weeks trying to gain my energy & thought functioning back.

If you can cancel or just not pick it up without being charged, you could reorder it at the discounted price now.