Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Would You Handle This Customer Service Issue?

@ID2 wrote:

@PickyPicky3 

Why are you continuing to live your life in fear? I didn't think "covid" was a thing anymore actually. Even my doctors offices have given up on the mask thing. Thank goodness we've come our senses. Cancel your order and just reorder at the reduced price.

Covid not a thing anymore!?  There is even a new variant out there. Are you living under a rock?  Don't you watch the news?  Most of us are not living in fear, it's about common sense.  I think you better educate yourself and open your eyes.

Respected Contributor

Well, I'm back from running errands. Went to the drugstore, Chinese takeout, Dollar Tree and the bagel bakery. Masked up and went in as I have been doing since the beginning. As long as I can run in and out, I'm fine. At my JCP, a visit to the customer service desk is a commitment of a half hour. If I go when they're not busy, there's no one at the desk and you have to press a buzzer and then wait....and wait...etc.  I'm not doing that anymore. Their curbside pickup takes 45 minutes, but I can sit in the car and listen to the radio.

At the stores I visited, 90% of the employees were wearing masks even though it's not mandated. The schools reopened after Christmas break with a mask mandate until 1/13.  40% of Covid tests here show the new variant. 

Better safe than sorry.   

Trusted Contributor

@PickyPicky3 Why not just reorder at the new reduced price and let the original item be returned to stock?

Respected Contributor

I would just let them keep it if you have not been charged for it. They shouldn't be offering curbside if you still have to go inside to do some transactions; they can do those via a tablet at curbside. Just wear a mask and keep your distance if you want to go inside. The suggestion to go as soon as they open is a good one. 

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 

I haven't read every post, so sorry if this is redundant.

I would cancel the order, re-order and have it shipped to my home.  Can you finagle free shipping on this one?