Esteemed Contributor

In addition, if you do not use the Q's return labels, get those returns to all e-commerce sites back before the 27th.

Honored Contributor

Rarely do I ever use a stamp so 50 cents is no big deal to me but my SO pays his bills by mail and has more stamps stockpiled than he could ever use but I'm sure he will buy more!!  Where I live, the mail service is excellent with no issues so I think it depends on each local post office and how they are run!

Respected Contributor

I do very little business with the USPS.  Most of my stuff is done on-line.

Respected Contributor

It has little to do with transporation costs.  Because they're losing money hand over fist.  Because they have tremendous legacy pension costs that were never fully funded and that they'll have trouble meeting.  And, yes, because of current salaries for ALL postal workers.  Because trying to do ANYTHING with the USPS is a "3rd rail" of politics. 

Esteemed Contributor

Most of my stuff is auto-pay through my bank. However, I do support the USPS with cards and letters to family and friends and through donations. Using USPS a lot following this accident for accident reports, etc. (Pitching all the incoming stuff from non-reputable, never heard of attorney's who are offering to handle litigation. SMH) I plan to purchase more stamps before the rates rise! That was on my "to do" list the day of the accident. Smiley Frustrated

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh

I have stamps that say FIRST CLASS- are these like forever stamps?  

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@gidgetgh

I have stamps that say FIRST CLASS- are these like forever stamps?  

@Justice4all I would think those would be really old and would NOT be forever stamps. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Postage increase

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh

I just looked it up and it seems that they are the same.  Thanks for the quick response!  I have interesting stamps in all denominations, but this one had me stumped!

Respected Contributor

@threecees   Where were you able to get the O'Beautiful stamps?  I ordered my stamps about two weeks ago from the USPS store and those weren't offered.   They are beautiful, I would like to get some.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@threecees   Where were you able to get the O'Beautiful stamps?  I ordered my stamps about two weeks ago from the USPS store and those weren't offered.   They are beautiful, I would like to get some.

@Allegheny- they had been offered online but it looks like they’re sold out, or temporarily sold out. My guess is that people are doing a lot of stamp purchasing in advance of the increase in postage. 

You might try your local post office for them. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?