Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou @Its Me LuLuBelle2   Have you ever tried this pineapple cutter?  I got mine from QVC many, many years ago and it makes it a breeze to cut up a pineapple.

Just search pineapple cutters and they are avaible at walmart, BB&B and more.  I loved it so much I bought several to give to my family. 

pin.jpeg

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@Yahooey  For some reason I couldn't include you in my earlier post -

This kitchen gadget is perfect for cutting pineapples.  

pin.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2

thank you for your suggstion - I'm aware of the gadget but don't tend to buy since I don't have any room. Anything that comes in must be really something I can't do without

I have 1 9x13 glass dish - 1 9x13 pan 

1 cup glass pyrex measuring cup - believe me when I have to measure a lot - wish I have the larger qtys on hand. 

So no apple corer, strawberry huller, cherry pitter - you get my drift.

but THANK YOU!

Respected Contributor

@Yahooey  Ha, ha, I wish had I had that willpower.  Every new gadget seems to find it's way into my kitchen and every couple of years, I go through and purge what I don't use on a regular basis.  

When I moved into this house, the kitchen was HUGE and had way too many cabinets then I would ever need.  Whoever says kitchens sell a house sure was right out this house.  It's wonderful to have a huge kitchen, but wish they would have made larger linen closets.

If you were to go to into my kitchen and look inside the drawers each one is 3/4 full.  Not jam packed like before I purged, but still full.

And somewhere in one of those drawers, I have an apple corer, a strawberry huller, and a cherry pitter.  hmmm, maybe it's time for another purge of those drawers!

Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@BeccaLou @Its Me LuLuBelle2   Have you ever tried this pineapple cutter?  I got mine from QVC many, many years ago and it makes it a breeze to cut up a pineapple.

Just search pineapple cutters and they are avaible at walmart, BB&B and more.  I loved it so much I bought several to give to my family. 

pin.jpeg

@CAcableGirl2

I purchased one of these a few years ago from QVC.  It makes cutting a pineapple a piece of cake.  Also you can use the remaining shell for exotic drinks. 

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2

I love looking at the many offerings - usually I peruse TJ Maxx or Home Goods just to look.

Do you have the thing that saves half an avcado/onion/tomato and the like? I always wondered who have all the space to get those - use plastic wrap lol

I do enjoy baking - usually cookies and made hundreds over the years using my hands and hand beater. I used to bake cookies for everyone during the holidays but I figured- do I want a KA mixer to be used only once a year? When I borrow my sister's one year, oh I need to buy one, but never decided on a color for months if not a year.  Finally bought the 90th Anniversary a few yars back - it was Candy Apple Red with glass bowl. I know glass bowls and highly glossy colors are now more the norm, but that was the first one. LOVE at first sight. Don't know how I did it all those years.

I use it more than once a year - don't know if that is good for me - just made a chiffon cake last week. 

Respected Contributor

Yes I have several but my system can not handle fresh pineapple. But maybe I might try the pink pineapple if I see one as long as its not to pricey. Does any one know if the pink pineapple's are full of extreme acid.? Or maybe I'll just keep only eating the fruit cups with pineapple.Less work.

Respected Contributor

@lulu1  I never thought of using the core for drinks, or even putting into a water bottle for some fruit with my normal boring water.  Thanks, I will certainly try that next time I core a pineapple!

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

I've bought 4 pineapples this season - 3 from Dole, 1 from Chiquita (which I only thought grew bananas - boy was I wrong). My DH and I are huge pineapple lovers. This year they have been out of this world! Exceptionally sweet and meaty. If you haven't given them a try, you're missing out! Try 'em, you'll like them!

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  If you love pineapples, go to Talbots!  Holy cow, so much of T's summer line involves pineapples on the clothes and the jewelry.  Every time i go into that store, I feel like going home and eating pineapples!

Honored Contributor

freeze some chunks of your pineapple and throw them into a protein shake before you blend it.....delicious