Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  no I don't ,becauae I don't take them. I get a B12 shot monthy, and will for the rest of my life, and my Dr wants me to take  Vit D everyday  hth

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Does anyone know how long a pineapple stays good for?

@Snoopp

I buy it when it is green and hopefully no one has knock it around (bruising). Keep it on the counter until fragrant. You should smell it when you enter the area. I cut it up and store it in the fridge. It takes me up to a week to finish one. I have never cut a half as I do a watermelon. I never had it long enough to know when it goes bad.

Valued Contributor
@Snoopp - you shouldn't let it sit out for more than 4-5 days, it will go bad. I just cut it up immediately, put it in an airtight container and refrigerate it.
Honored Contributor

I like pineapple, but my husband is allergic to pineapple so we never have it in the house.

when we lived in hawaii, the pineapple fields would be so vast and numerous, but you did not ever stop to even take a photo, you would be picked up by police for stopping and possible stealing of the pineapple. their laws were so tight fisted with pineapple and sugar cane. this was many years ago some 45  yrs. maybe things have changed.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd

I love those too.   I had one yesterday that was the sweetest softest mango ever.   The last two 'regular' mangoes I bought went in the trash.  

Respected Contributor

@stuyvesant

I love apricots too.   I read an article last week about them and how they are the new 'super' food.  Or so the Apricot Marketing Assoc. says.   Smiley Wink    I bought 3 of the red apricots this week and they were fabulous.

I helped out one summer at a local travel agency in our village in Greece  and it had a dozen or more apricot trees in the back yard.  When in season, we had bowls of them in the office and I can't even describe how wonderful they were:  sweet, juicy and full of flavor.   Nothing like the ones we are stuck with here in the grocery stores. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Ditto.   I wish I could eat it but.......not worth the sores.

Respected Contributor

I rarely buy pineapples but this year they must be very plentiful bc I've bought 4 this year.  A LIDLs grocery store opened here (german grocery chain that's billed as a cross between Aldi's and Trader Jo.)  Every few sales cycles they put them for sale for under a dollar.  

Store often has strawberries on sale as well so I buy pineapples and strawberries in bulk, cut them up into bite size pieces and eat off  them for  about two days then I freeze them and pull them out to make smoothies.  Very good. 

Respected Contributor

Pineapples are ready to eat and be at their peak sweetness when they are yellow on the outside

Honored Contributor

I use to eat more fresh fruit. But the last year I really have cut back on it. occasionally I will eat a small apple, but, I just do not crave fruit like I use to... the plus is I am eating less sugar.

Even though fruit is considered a healthy alternative to candy and other bad sweets, many people eat wau too much fruit sugar.  epecially dried fruit.    Fruit should be eaten very lightly and considered a treat, not  something to eat in abundance.