Valued Contributor

I've bought 4 pineapples this season - 3 from Dole, 1 from Chiquita (which I only thought grew bananas - boy was I wrong). My DH and I are huge pineapple lovers. This year they have been out of this world! Exceptionally sweet and meaty. If you haven't given them a try, you're missing out! Try 'em, you'll like them!

Honored Contributor

I simply can't eat fresh pineapple. They are so full of acid. I really like it ,but I must eat canned. They make my mouth very sore and upset my stomach

enjoy it for me

Valued Contributor
@cherry, ah, I'm sorry! I hear what you're saying, but this year they don't seem to be so acidic. All 4 have been really sweet! I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with the pH of the soil. But my next one is for you!
Honored Contributor

I sure was disappointed in some mangoes I bought on sale.  I bought 4 and threw 2 in the trash.  They were so stringy there was nothing you could do with them.  I couldn't even get the strings off the pit.  I've bought a ton of mangoes but never anything like that batch.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

One of my all time favorite juices (freshly juiced) is pineapple.  It is surprisingly creamy....ambrosia!

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:
I've bought 4 pineapples this season 3 from Dole, 1 from Chiquita (which I only thought grew bananas - boy was I wrong). My DH and I are huge pineapple lovers. This year they have been out of this world! Exceptionally sweet and meaty. If you haven't given them a try, you're missing out! Try 'em, you'll like them!

Thanks, @Its Me LuLuBelle2!  I received a fruit basket a couple of months ago, and it had a fresh pineapple that was so delicious.  Your post reminded me that I had wanted to add pineapple to my shopping list.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  I've had a challenge with the mango this season (another all time favorite fruit).  I've had better luck with the champagne mango (the little yellow ones).  I've been buying them by the boxful at a reasonable price.....a few of these are a yummy meal for me!

Trusted Contributor

I love apricots!  I'm gonna eat one right now!

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624, please help me out. I don't know how to pick out a "good" mango. For years my DH worked with a man who would buy a case of mangos in Queens, NY and my DH would pay him for them. They were wonderful! We would eat them as is, and I would make Thai Sticky Rice. Since retired we're at a loss! @NYC Susan, get on it girl! The pineapples this year seem to be exceptional!

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2.  A mango that is ripe and ready to eat has a "mango" fragrance and is slightly soft to the touch.  They are rarely ready to eat when you bring them home.  I ripen them as I would an avocado, in a paper bag on top of the fridge.  Just dont forget they're up there.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment