Honored Contributor

Re: Pilot Locked out of Cockpit on Fatal Flight....

On 3/25/2015 Lila Belle said:

Just heard a very interesting observation.

Why aren't there videos in the cockpit like there are in 10s of thousands of 7-11s ?

Because it would cost money...and airlines are CHEAP.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/25/2015 terrier3 said:

Just heard a very interesting observation.

Why aren't there videos in the cockpit like there are in 10s of thousands of 7-11s ?

Because it would cost money...and airlines are CHEAP.

Pilots are vehemently opposed to this.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

I don't fly, but I'd be willing to pay, say, an extra 20 bucks or so, just to contribute to the purchase of video black box per cockpit.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

On 3/25/2015 HollyDays said:
On 3/25/2015 adelle38 said:
On 3/25/2015 HollyDays said:

I'm thinking the co-pilot had a heart attack.

That wouldn't explain why the FA couldn't open the door or the even descent of the plane.

I guess.

Do you think it was suicide?

It's really all speculation. This is a story from the NY Times. No one has even officially confirmed that this is on the recorder.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

Panic ???

I'd be freakin out if the pilot was trying to bust down the door.

I'd be up there helping him!!!!

That's what I'm thinking! I have a feeling with the adrenaline pumping, it would have to be one tough door to keep me out. This whole thing is so sad. And frightening.
Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 ROMARY 1 said:

I don't fly, but I'd be willing to pay, say, an extra 20 bucks or so, just to contribute to the purchase of video black box per cockpit.

I'd loan them my laptop...I'm on the cloud!

Esteemed Contributor

This is why I think ALL flights should be directly connected to computers ...up to the cloud.

There is no reason to have to rely on black boxes that can get smashed to smithereens or lost forever.

I would think this would be because of security problems and hacking. They could possibly record over it. I just sent an email to my brother in law asking, some of his employees worked as air traffic controller and ex FAA employees. That is a good and very valid question.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I thought the rules on domestic flights changed after 9/11. I was on a flight a couple years after and both pilots left the cockpit, one at a time, to use the rest room in the rear of the plane. There was one flight attendent and she didn't go in the cockpit. It was a flight from Milwaukee to Hartford, so about an hour and a half on Midwest Express. It was right when we got to cruising altitude. It as a little unnerving at the time.
Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

This is why I think ALL flights should be directly connected to computers ...up to the cloud.

There is no reason to have to rely on black boxes that can get smashed to smithereens or lost forever.

I would think this would be because of security problems and hacking. They could possibly record over it.

The cloud is safe...they only need the info until the plane lands safely.

If cell phones can be connected to satellites, so can plane information.

Valued Contributor

A suicidal pilot wouldn't be banging down a door to get in... Or do you mean the co-pilot?

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ