Honored Contributor

Re: Pilot Locked out of Cockpit on Fatal Flight....

As ridiculous as this sounds, Pilots should probably wear adult protective underwear, just in case. I know that I would. Just to be safe. TV commercials often advertise this type of seamless/slim underwear for women/men of all ages, not necessarily seniors. I'm about to edit/cancel this post, but let's see what happens........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

I'm waiting to see if this story about a locked out pilot is even true. You know what speculation goes on when something like this happens. We are going to hear conflicting stories.

Esteemed Contributor

how very frightening .....so terribly sad...

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/25/2015 terrier3 said:
On 3/25/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

This is why I think ALL flights should be directly connected to computers ...up to the cloud.

There is no reason to have to rely on black boxes that can get smashed to smithereens or lost forever.

I would think this would be because of security problems and hacking. They could possibly record over it.

The cloud is safe...they only need the info until the plane lands safely.

If cell phones can be connected to satellites, so can plane information.

Are you talking about icloud? The one that has been hacked over and over? Plane information is way more sensitive.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Video cameras possibly would/could keep pilots in check. I'm sure most of them wouldn't mind video camera surveillance, to be reviewed only when an incident happens.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

This is why I think ALL flights should be directly connected to computers ...up to the cloud.

There is no reason to have to rely on black boxes that can get smashed to smithereens or lost forever.

I would think this would be because of security problems and hacking. They could possibly record over it.

Are you talking about icloud? The one that has been hacked over and over? Plane information is way more sensitive.

No, they can use that technology to create their own network...maybe linked to satellites.

The technology to find missing planes and to know what happened in crashes is VERY old and needs updating, IMO.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/25/2015 wildcherry said:

I'm waiting to see if this story about a locked out pilot is even true. You know what speculation goes on when something like this happens. We are going to hear conflicting stories.

Very true. People are impatient. We want to know everything NOW instead of taking time to find the facts.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Esteemed Contributor

No, they can use that technology to create their own network...maybe linked to satellites.

The technology to find missing planes and to know what happened in crashes is VERY old and needs updating, IMO.

Check out this article. It answers a few question. I am awaiting my BIL response to this because his company works with the FAA doing back up power for American airports in case they lose power. I am sure if he doesn't know the answer, someone there will. There is definitely a a reason.

http://www.wired.com/2015/01/why-we-dont-need-real-time-flight-tracking/

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

Their networked can be hacked too.

JFK
Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 wildcherry said:

Listen to the footage, I suspect that this is true......