Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pilot Locked out of Cockpit on Fatal Flight....

What good are two crew members in the cockpit unless both are able to fly the plane.

Valued Contributor

On 3/26/2015 straitgirl said:

What good are two crew members in the cockpit unless both are able to fly the plane.

One could unlock the door?

Trusted Contributor

On 3/26/2015 TaxyLady said:

One could unlock the door?

Yes, one might be able to unlock the door. Also, then can see who's trying to get into the cockpit. I think the main reason for the two person policy is can case of a sudden medical problem. A second person might have changed the outcome here.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Valued Contributor

my husband and his friends have xplane and other flight simulators and they've convinced themselves that they could land a jumbo jet if only given the chance {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

yes, i'm the luckiest girl in the world. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Valued Contributor

On 3/26/2015 evelomaddict said:

my husband and his friends have xplane and other flight simulators and they've convinced themselves that they could land a jumbo jet if only given the chance {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

yes, i'm the luckiest girl in the world. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

That's funny. I hope my husband never has to fly a plane. He has trouble with the microwave. I wonder if the flight attendants know something about flying?

Honored Contributor

Just an FYI:

There are people who commit murder-suicide for non-political and non-religious reasons as well.

Like depression, feeling dissed (or even just slighted), feeling life has treated them so unfairly they must make others suffer and/or die (yes, even children), retaliation, revenge, self-importance, narcissism, and selfishness just to name a few.

I know; finding out the reason doesn't make the crime any less heinous or easier to deal with.