Honored Contributor

Re: Pfirst Pfizer Shot - Pfeeling Pfine

I wanted the Pfizer vaccine.  When I told my sister I have to take the Moderna, she looked like she felt sorry for me. I get it tomorrow morning.  At this point, I think you can choose your vaccine.  But I went back to the site and they were sold out again.  So I might as well take the Moderna.  I felt like I was cheated.  The Rite Aid I'm going at dispensed both.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I wanted the Pfizer vaccine.  When I told my sister I have to take the Moderna, she looked like she felt sorry for me. I get it tomorrow morning.  At this point, I think you can choose your vaccine.  But I went back to the site and they were sold out again.  So I might as well take the Moderna.  I felt like I was cheated.  The Rite Aid I'm going at dispensed both.

@songbird - why do you feel like you've been cheated?  I was thrilled to get the Moderna. Would have been thrilled to get the Pfizer (J&J wasn't out yet when I got mine). I did fine with the Moderna. Just felt somewhat crummy the day after the 2nd shot. No biggie really.  Moderna's efficacy rate is the same as Pfizer's. 

I'm not going to go into details of what a family member experienced with one of the vaccines but some people have major reactions from Pfizer, Moderna and J&J.  I took what was available to me after really having to scrounge for an appt.  I was thrilled.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Like others, I pfelt pfine after 2nd Pfizer shot. Sore arm, tired, minor 99 degree pfever that went away quickly. Ten days later, I woke up tired, alternating between chills and sweating. At one point, I had a pfever over 101. Didn’t feel good for two days and then woke up like nothing happened. Not sure if a cold or delayed reaction to vaccine. I even got a Covid test just to be sure (negative, as I suspected.)
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   I think the way my sister had no side effects at all after taking both shots of Pfizer.  She actually acted  sympathetic I would NOT be taking the Pfizer. I've also heard about more side effects with Moderna over the Pfizer.  There is no point anyway.  I'm going to have take the Moderna.  And endure the side effects.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@gidgetgh   I think the way my sister had no side effects at all after taking both shots of Pfizer.  She actually acted  sympathetic I would NOT be taking the Pfizer. I've also heard about more side effects with Moderna over the Pfizer.  There is no point anyway.  I'm going to have take the Moderna.  And endure the side effects.

@songbird - side effects which you might not even have.  Go into this feeling positive.  You'll do fine. 

Again, there can be major reactions to any of the 3 of them. Happened to a member of my extended family.  Medical intervention was needed.....more than once.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain DH and I got the Moderna and we keep breaking into singing Islands in. the Stream or Jolene

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

I hear ya @songbird !   I wanted the Pfizer also because of what I'd heard about the side effects of the Moderna, but I wasn't able to get it and didn't want to wait until I could find it.  DH and DD both got the Pfizer.  Roughly 24 hours after getting the second Moderna I felt slightly ill...cold chills and achy...not bad at all though and certainly nothing like I was fearing it would be.  Totally fine by the next morning.  For people I know who have gotten the Moderna, if they have side effects that seems to be about the extent.  My friend got her second the same day I did and never had any side effects from it.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@songbird, The side effects of both vaccines are essentially the same. It's the individuals' reactions that varies, and no one can predict that. other than to say that is generally mild.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I've actually pfreferred the Moderna shot this whole time. Pfrom everything I've heard, though, the Moderna and Pfizer are basically the same.

When I went online to get my appointment I could choose between appointments pfor J&J or pfor Pfizer. Moderna wasn't an option at that pfarticular time and location.

I don't have anything at all against J&J. I just wanted as complete coverage as I can get and I don't mind getting two shots. And since Moderna wasn't an option I was happy to get the Pfizer. If neither had been available I would have been happy with J&J as well.

I just want to be as safe as pfossible from the Covid virus. I don't care which vaccine gets me there.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

It's only been a few weeks since they allowed everybody to get the vaccine.  And certain states let you pick which vaccine you wanted.  Not so in my state.  I was just anxious to get one.  I'm thankful my vaccination site is so close to my home. It's just that I'm so nervous about taking any vaccine.  But I think I'll be OK!