Honored Contributor

Re: Pfirst Pfizer Shot - Pfeeling Pfine

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The side effects of both vaccines are essentially the same. It's the individuals' reactions that varies, and no one can predict that. other than to say that is generally mild.

Oh now!  There you go with facts once again.  Smiley Very Happy  

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Porcelain DH and I got the Moderna and we keep breaking into singing Islands in. the Stream or Jolene

Hahaha. I love your post!

This was my actual secret reason pfor wanting the Moderna. I mean, if I could catch a pfew Dolly Parton symptoms, that would do me a world of good!

The United States of Dolly Parton | The New Yorker

Kenny and Dolly Singing Islands in the Stream from 1983

https://youtu.be/QDlfoJNqGH8

"Parton told The Associated Press last month that she didn't want to get her shot until more people were able to get theirs, saying she didn't want it to look like she was cutting the line just because she had donated money.

"When I get it, I'll probably do it on camera so people will know and I'll tell them the truth, if I have symptoms and all that," she said. "Hopefully it'll encourage people. I'm not going to jump the line just because I could.""

And she did exactly that. While singing a song about the vaccine to the tune of Jolene.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

@Porcelain DH and I got the Moderna and we keep breaking into singing Islands in. the Stream or Jolene

Hahaha. I love your post!

This was my actual secret reason pfor wanting the Moderna. I mean, if I could catch a pfew Dolly Parton symptoms, that would do me a world of good!

The United States of Dolly Parton | The New Yorker

Kenny and Dolly Singing Islands in the Stream from 1983

https://youtu.be/QDlfoJNqGH8

"Parton told The Associated Press last month that she didn't want to get her shot until more people were able to get theirs, saying she didn't want it to look like she was cutting the line just because she had donated money.

"When I get it, I'll probably do it on camera so people will know and I'll tell them the truth, if I have symptoms and all that," she said. "Hopefully it'll encourage people. I'm not going to jump the line just because I could.""

And she did exactly that. While singing a song about the vaccine to the tune of Jolene.

Oh, I love that pic!  I've always been a huge Dolly Parton fan, even though I do NOT like country western music.  Some of her songs really go straight to the heart.   I've always loved Islands in the Stream with Kenny.

This is weird - Many years ago I went to a show that was Kenny Rogers, Dotty West, AND Gallagher!  Yes, Gallagher where the people in the first row wore tarps so they wouldn't get pelted with watermelon.   Such a bizarre ticket.

Gallagher came out to play the crowd for a bit, and Kenny & Dotty opened for him before he came out again and did his show.  They sang that song together and it was lovely.

Respected Contributor

@songbird You will be fine.  I just got my second shot of Moderna a few days ago. No serious side effect for both shots. All I felt both times was a sore arm.  Just drink plenty of water throughout the day and do arm circles afterwards. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I wanted the Pfizer vaccine.  When I told my sister I have to take the Moderna, she looked like she felt sorry for me. I get it tomorrow morning.  At this point, I think you can choose your vaccine.  But I went back to the site and they were sold out again.  So I might as well take the Moderna.  I felt like I was cheated.  The Rite Aid I'm going at dispensed both.

@songbird - why do you feel like you've been cheated?  I was thrilled to get the Moderna. Would have been thrilled to get the Pfizer (J&J wasn't out yet when I got mine). I did fine with the Moderna. Just felt somewhat crummy the day after the 2nd shot. No biggie really.  Moderna's efficacy rate is the same as Pfizer's. 

I'm not going to go into details of what a family member experienced with one of the vaccines but some people have major reactions from Pfizer, Moderna and J&J.  I took what was available to me after really having to scrounge for an appt.  I was thrilled.

@gidgetgh: I remember you posting that you have CFS. Many people with ME/CFS have gone into severe relapse's after getting either the Pfizer or Moderna Vaccine. That is why I am not in any hurry to get one. Glad that you did well with the vaccine Woman Happy

Contributor

Maybe there are more side effects to the Moderna vaccine than Pfizer because there is a difference on the dosage:  Pfizer vaccine dose is 0.3 mL per dose with 6 doses in each vile.  Moderna vaccine is 0.5 mL per dose with 10 doses in each vile.   The Pfizer  vaccine comes with a diluent.  The pharmacist  have to dilute the vaccine before a person is injected.  Where the Moderna comes in ready to go for drawing.  It just seems that the Moderna vaccine is a bit stronger than Pfizer?  Of course, one would have to learn all the ingredient contents in each one.  There are brochures for each one on line and it describes the ingredients.  I may read more on that.  I got the Pfizer.  No side effects the first dose.  The 2nd dose has given a redness at the site of the shot.  I felt like I was getting a cold for a period of two hours the next evening but it went away after I ate my supper. 

Honored Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I wanted the Pfizer vaccine.  When I told my sister I have to take the Moderna, she looked like she felt sorry for me. I get it tomorrow morning.  At this point, I think you can choose your vaccine.  But I went back to the site and they were sold out again.  So I might as well take the Moderna.  I felt like I was cheated.  The Rite Aid I'm going at dispensed both.

@songbird - why do you feel like you've been cheated?  I was thrilled to get the Moderna. Would have been thrilled to get the Pfizer (J&J wasn't out yet when I got mine). I did fine with the Moderna. Just felt somewhat crummy the day after the 2nd shot. No biggie really.  Moderna's efficacy rate is the same as Pfizer's. 

I'm not going to go into details of what a family member experienced with one of the vaccines but some people have major reactions from Pfizer, Moderna and J&J.  I took what was available to me after really having to scrounge for an appt.  I was thrilled.

@gidgetgh: I remember you posting that you have CFS. Many people with ME/CFS have gone into severe relapse's after getting either the Pfizer or Moderna Vaccine. That is why I am not in any hurry to get one. Glad that you did well with the vaccine Woman Happy

@cactusgal - yeah, I seemed to do ok.  Day after 2nd shot I had a fever and I was really cold, but no actual chills and I had a nasty headache, but my Epstein Barr and CFS seemed to do ok with it.  I haven't been feeling great lately, actually I'm not feeling too well, but I don't think it's vaccine repeated.

My sister has fibromyalgia and she did fine also.  

Sending my best wishes to you if you decide to take it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?