Respected Contributor

Re: Personal news

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh 

Please don't have your thread deleted - your DH and you need all the good thoughts and prayers you can get.

I'm also sorry I didn't read your post until this morning.  But I want you to know you are not alone in your dealings with the hospital.  My sister's husband was taken to their rather small local hospital a few weeks ago.  After doing some testing, thet found a brain tumor on the frontal lobe and transported him to another larger, better equipped hospital about 1-1/2 hrs. away that had a 4 person team who specialized in this.

They were able to remove the tumor and he was doing quite well until moved to a regular room.  Then things kinda went to heck.

Like yourself, visitors were not allowed until the last few days and only 1 at a time.  Unfortunately my sister has some health issues and would need a wheelchair to navigate this huge hospital and volunteers usually do that (until Covid-19.)  My niece finally said "I'm driving you and wheeling you to his room and we'll just tell them I'm your support animal."  (Yes, our family has a twisted sense of humor.)

They were not stopped and also noticed very few staff on the floors.  This explained why every time my sister called it was different nurses, doctors, etc.  (Not blaming them, they must be incredibly short-staffed.)  Oh, forgot to mention my sister, BIL and nephew in law had been at this hospital previously in the past and had always given glowing reports.  Evidentally this coronavirus has changed things drastically.

Being there in person they found BIL was taken off all pain meds except Tylenol (even though he had been on a pain med for years for a previous procedure).  A "new" to my sister Dr. who specialized in pain mgmt. came in and immediately prescribed some.  By yesterday, BIL was a new man, spirit-wise.  Maybe because he isn't in pain?? Now he needs some PT before the next step.

There's more (pureed pork chops for lunch, anyone?) but really just wanted you to know you are not alone!  Everything now is unlike our previous experiences.

I'll simply add gidgetgh and her DH to my (several) times daily prayers for my family.  It's not much, but they add up!

ETA:  Please, everyone, take care of yourself in all ways.  I don't think I want to go to a hospital anytime soon.

Denise
Valued Contributor

You've been on my mind all weekend.  Take care fellow Talbot lady!  

Seriously, you're in my prayers.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh 

There are so many more of us that care about you and Mr. gidget than there are that post nasty comments.  Thinking of you and hoping that today will be better for you both.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Don't let any rude,or un kind posters get to you.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Person who posted an unkind comment-get some help.

I'm so sorry @gidgetgh This place is just unbelievable sometimes.

As far as help in a hospital, what I always had to do for my Mom was call the patient advocate department. I didn't care how many times I called, it did get results.

Prayers up for you.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   Bleeding should be taken seriously, bleeding is not normal, and for the hospital to release your DH while he is still bleeding is unconscionable, in my opinion.  If he does have prostate cancer, a biopsy is a must, and a scan to show if it has spread, and the hospital should make an exception given all of the issues your DH is dealing with.  Patients have to fight tooth and nail now to get the care they need.

Due to my DH's negligent PC, he now has incurable prostate cancer, which could have been avoided if his PC had done what he should have done.

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh  Thinking of you.

I don't understand the things you and your DH are going through...no in-patient biopsies?  BTW medicare A should pay for anything in the hospital.  Part B is doctors (and I guess out-patient). 

Don't worry about the money. I was in a similar position...DH in the hospital, me questioning things, not understanding what and why. You are his advocate...be fearless for him.  As someone else suggested you should talk with the patient advocate too. And the chaplain if that would be a comfort to you.  

Fight for the best for him, don't worry about money.  That can be sorted later.  All my best wishes to you and your DH. ❤️

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Has he been tested for Covid-19?

I am soooo deeply sorry!!!!  This is just heartbreaking! I AGREE that people are selfish and whining about things that aren't important. 

Health and family! This is what matters. 

Sending good wishes your way!!!  I am so sad for you ):