Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@gidgetgh I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.  I don't know why Part B only covers a biopsy on an outpatient basis.  It's so unsetting for the patient and the family. 

Thank you for the update Heart

@Bri369 - is that what it is?  Medicare part B won't cover inpatient biopsies?

@gidgetgh  I believe so.  I went through something similar with my FIL.  He was hospitalized and needed a PET scan.  They refused to perform that PET scan while he was hospitalized.  It made absolutely no sense to me.  They had to discharge him to a rehab facility, perform the PET scan, and then re-admitted him. 

It really makes no sense.  It's upsetting to the patient, the families, and it winds up costing more, IMO. 

Maybe you can make some headway with the hospitalist. 

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh I am so sorry that you are going through such a difficult time, especially with your dear husband.  Parkinson's with dementia is not something I would wish for anyone.  My father suffered similarly, and I know what is involved, and the extraordinary stress that comes with managing the medical treatment of someone with these conditions, along with loving them dearly and managing their financial affairs.  

If I knew back then what I know today about Parkinson's Disease and related dementia, I would have had my father chelated to remove the aluminum and mercury from his body and brain. I would have prevented him from drinking diet soda (due to the aspartame). Drinking diet soda from tin cans, eating tuna fish (high in mercury) packaged in tin cans, eating swordfish (high in mercury) when eating out, and using anti-perspirants (containing aluminum), were very bad for my dear father, but I didn't discover these things until years after he died.  Neurotoxic aluminum accumulates significantly in the brains of people with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, and mercury is definitely neurotoxic down to the nanomolecular level.  I wish I had known these things back then, when they might have helped my father.  Dr. Mary Newport helped her husband reduce the severity of his Alzheimer's Disease using coconut oil in his daily oatmeal.  I had not heard about that back then, either.  The one conventional drug that improved my father's mental clarity was Aricept, but I am sure that drug may not be the best choice for everyone suffering from Parkinson's Disease.

I hope you are taking a good multivitamin to support your immune system during this incredibly challenging and emotionally painful time in your life. I wish you the very best success with your husband.  Thank you for providing an update.  May your husband be placed into the rehab facility of your choice.   

QVC Customer Care
Esteemed Contributor

Medicare will cover all medically necessary services to an inpatient.  The first question would to understand why it was not deemed necessary.

You have not indicated if your DH is an inpatient or is on observation.  That can make a difference.  It can also affect his SNF/rehab coverage.

If the urologist performs an biopsy to an outpatient, he gets to pocket both the professional and the technical comports.  Greed happens.

Can you consult with a discharge planner?

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Medicare will cover all medically necessary services to an inpatient.  The first question would to understand why it was not deemed necessary.

You have not indicated if your DH is an inpatient or is on observation.  That can make a difference.  It can also affect his SNF/rehab coverage.

If the urologist performs an biopsy to an outpatient, he gets to pocket both the professional and the technical comports.  Greed happens.

Can you consult with a discharge planner?

@Still Raining - inpatient since last Tuesday. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

21E93A1C-DA9D-469F-BEA6-34C1EB14F8E1.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@mods please delete my thread. I knew better but posted anyway.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@mods please delete my thread. I knew better but posted anyway.

@gidgetgh, all of us care a great deal about your situation. Don't let one @$&* ruin it for you. We want to keep up with how everything goes. You deserve our caring.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Please keep posting. We truly care and want to know how you and your husband are doing. Prayers are with you both.

Many thoughts and prayers.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh , please don't let the idiotic comment by @barrel racer --which is what should be deleted--keep you from having whatever support we can give you. Please let  our concern outweigh her one-liner. We have opposing thumbs. Listen to us. We care about you and your DH.