Honored Contributor

Re: POLL: STARBUCKS OR DUNKIN?

I had Star Bucks coffee once and that was enough for me to say Dunkin Donuts is by far the best in my opinion.  I drink my coffee black without sugar and Dunkin Donuts coffee is the one for me.

Trusted Contributor

Starbucks is too bitter for me , and we do not have any Dunkin locally.  We do have a chain called Caribou, which is owned by Peet's.  They are very similar to Starbucks, but have much smoother tasting coffee.

Honored Contributor

for those saying coffee at starbucks is more expensive, i am not so sure that that is actually the case......at least not by a lot.

if we are talking about a basic coffee, a starbucks venti (20 ounces) is around $2.45. a dunkin large (20 ounces) coffee is about $2.09.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Neither. Dunkin is way too weak and bland for me.  I was a Starbucks fan for years but their prices finally drove me away.  I generally don't buy coffee when I'm out anymore - one cup at home and I'm done. My blood pressure and my wallet thank me. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Either one. I have both within walking distance of my apt. Where I stop depends on which direction I’m going.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Definitely Dunkin,  It's rich and full bodied without being strong and bitter.  Love the Caramel Latte.  Of course, I never just stop with coffee. I have to have a toasted bagel with cream cheese.😁😁 

Honored Contributor

Dunkin, by a mile.  Starbucks is pretentious and expensive.  When I walk into Dunkin, I can request a "medium coffee" and people won't think I'm an alien from outer speace.

Trusted Contributor

Dunkin!  Starbuck's coffee tastes like burnt mud!  😝

Frequent Contributor

Starbucks is too bitter for me.  I love Dunkin, too. It's way smoother. Wondering though why they charge 40-50 cents more for a cup of coffee or latte with Almond milk instead of cream. 

And, yes, McDonalds has decent coffee, too, surprisingly!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t like anything coffee-flavored other than the occasional SB vanilla lite frapp with lite whip....💕. It isn't on the menu. DH is a Starbucks junkie but had to switch to decaf due to medical reasons....he is hating that they can’t seem to do a pour-over correctly. He likes the darkest, boldest coffee they have...looks like sludge to me...Dunkin is “ girlie coffee” to him and should not even be dignified by calling it coffee....so guess we vote for SB. Amazingly, he likes McDonalds coffee when we are on the road...they will brew decaf just for him and the price is right..ask for a "senior coffee".
25-75 cents, depending upon where we are. He is so high- maintenance!