Respected Contributor

Re: POLL: STARBUCKS OR DUNKIN?

@lovesrecess   Your husband should try some African coffee.  I tried some at Animal Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World. 

It was I think called Peaberry from berries from Mt. Kilimanjaro. They get the beans once a year.  

Let me tell you.  If your husband likes strong, full bodied coffee, that stuff will curl your toes. 

You can order it from New York Coffee Company from Amazon.   

Esteemed Contributor

Starbucks by a mile! Don't like dunkin at all.

Trusted Contributor

I usually just make my coffee at home. But if I do go out, I try to give my business to the little local stands. Plus I do not like Starbucks at all. 

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover 

Me, neither. I prefer my instant Folgers to either. My wife however likes those $6 a pop Starbucks drinks. I figure mine run about $0.15 a mug.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

We drink Instant Folgers too. 

Respected Contributor

I like both but Starbucks is way more expensive so I get Dunkin more often. At home I use Dunkin Dark Roast K cups.

Frequent Contributor

Definitely Dunkin.     Their coffee has always been outstanding. 

I also buy their flavored coffees for home.

Honored Contributor

Never cared for Starbucks and not crazy about Dunkin either.  I prefer Krispy Kreme!  I think their coffee, donuts, and atmosphere are the best!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My elderly mother has been a regular coffee drinker for years.  Her NP told her she needed to switch to decaf.  It took her awhile to find a decaf she liked.  Finally  she did and she swears by Tim Horton's decaf.

Trusted Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

Maybe I'm late to the show, but it seems like Dunkin has not only matched Starbucks for coffee flavor but has surpassed them. Whenever I have bought a cup of black coffee from Starbucks I am turned off by the bitter, flat flavor. I have recently been going to Dunkin and LOVE the toasty, nutty,  non-acidic brew they offer. And they are a lot cheaper than Starbucks. Which company would you vote for?

Starbucks regular coffee is too bitter for me. I really like Dunkin's coffee. They also have good breakfast sandwiches.Smiley Happy